Author Topic: I'm Eddie Vedder, Bitch!  (Read 4049 times)

Summerteeth

Re: I'm Eddie Vedder, Bitch!
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 07:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by samsfresh5:

Originally posted by conorh98:
  Am I the only one that's not into this album? I don't understand the bashing of their past few Sony albums. They were much better than this one. At least with those we got to hear some experimenting with new sounds. I thought this effort just sounds like old PJ trying to sound like all the other new bands today. Perhaps the songs with catch me live like a lot of others have, but so far, I'm really not impressed.
36 Pearl Jam shows (and counting) and I have to agree that I'm not into this album, either.  I used to always get upset with people who said that they didn't like them after Vs., as I think Vitology, No Code, and even some of Yield was very good.  But I think Binaural is awful and I own about everything that you can buy PJ wise, including all of the albums on vinyl.. and I never bought Riot Act becuase I thought it was so terrible... not even to complete my collection. I act like it was never released.    ;)  

Bottom line, I think it's a decent album and maybe (like all good albums usually turn out to be) I just need to listen to it more.. but I have doubts.

I'm glad they are still around, still playing live, and still making albums... but I don't know... I look at Dave Grohl (from the same era) and think of how the Foo Fighters make good hard-driving rock records. Some of the songs are a little poppy, but still.. I just think they do it better than PJ.

oh well.. I'm not getting rid of my stickman tattoo anytime soon, though. [/b]
I'm not a great fan of the new album, but even to consider that Foo Fighters comes close to where Pearl Jam is, you've totally lost me.