Author Topic: More RIAA fun and games  (Read 1241 times)

brennser

More RIAA fun and games
« on: January 13, 2004, 04:53:00 pm »
not sure about the whole posing as police bit but in general I have no problem with cracking down on bootleggers
  RIAA

walkman

Re: More RIAA fun and games
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 07:12:00 pm »
"a large percentage [of the vendors] are of a Hispanic nature. Today he's Jose Rodriguez, tomorrow he's Raul something or other, and tomorrow after that he's something else. These people change their identity all the time."

can that quote possibly be real?

thirsty moore

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 08:42:00 pm »
Before the whole Napster issue the RIAA was very involved with cracking down on bootlegged albums.  This is nothing new.  It's just being made more visible.

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 09:57:00 am »
are we talking live bootlegs or bootlegs of albums that are recorded and for sale at the stores?

brennser

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 10:37:00 am »
my guess is bootlegs of commercially available material, i.e., the stuff you'd find at Tower

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 10:45:00 am »
It's not too far from the truth.  My uncle is from Mexico, and it's tough to keep all of his identities straight.  I just hope the RIAA doesn't catch up with Uncle Ernesto...I mean Paco....oh wait, now it's Jepe...

Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:
  "a large percentage [of the vendors] are of a Hispanic nature. Today he's Jose Rodriguez, tomorrow he's Raul something or other, and tomorrow after that he's something else. These people change their identity all the time."

can that quote possibly be real?

markie

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 10:50:00 am »
Originally posted by brennser:
  my guess is bootlegs of commercially available material, i.e., the stuff you'd find at Tower
I would think so too.....

Its always cool to look what those guys are selling, the current Jay Z album and Outkast are hot right now..... Its always those kind of things, not rolling stones live from the Marquee in '73.

thirsty moore

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2004, 07:05:00 pm »
It's commercially available albums.  However, they also have problems with concert bootlegs as well.  You can read all about it here.