Author Topic: Roll Call: Jane's Addiction tomorrow night  (Read 4542 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Roll Call: Jane's Addiction tomorrow night
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »
do you really think a certain artist draws certain size people?  that would be weird.  when i see jam bands there are a lot of fatter guys (belly wise) than most other shows i go to.  there were more shorter people at dead milkmen than i seem to remember at other shows.  omg . . . you're onto something.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 04:55:00 pm »
Yes -  having DJed a couple sold out Hanson shows, i can tell you that from the DJ booth one can actually see areas of the floor in the back.  Hanson's appeal being primarily female of course
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 04:59:18 pm »
so do you think there will be more "heroin chic super kate moss skinny" folks at tonight's show?  that's the kind of crowd i'd expect at janes addiction.  people who only drink and don't eat food.  they could sell more tickets.

atomicfront

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 05:39:07 pm »
Saying you hope it won't be packed at a sold out show is kinda pointless :)

Some sold out shows seem more packed then others..  :)

Some shows have smaller people.

well i doubt shows where the band is 20+ years past their prime are going to have smaller people.

mekmad

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 07:18:02 pm »
Could have something to do with comp tickets or if the band has the balcony roped off or something.  Or maybe just large people in big jackets.  :)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 04:59:38 am »
do you really think a certain artist draws certain size people?  that would be weird.  when i see jam bands there are a lot of fatter guys (belly wise) than most other shows i go to.  there were more shorter people at dead milkmen than i seem to remember at other shows.  omg . . . you're onto something.

Not per se', just that a show with the a larger proportion of the audience in their teens could lead to a smaller average size person attending. 
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 11:02:41 am »
so . . . how were the boys last night?  or should i say old men acting like boys.  which is fine.  i am old and i act like a kid all the time.  sometimes i tell people i am only eleven and watch them run away from me.  i used to be in love with dave until he got invovled with carmen.  i just hope the band kicked ass and didn't come across as a let down.  and god here's hoping they didn't close with the cliche jane says.

mekmad

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 02:39:42 pm »
They were pretty solid..  I was hoping for Summertime Rolls but no dice..  Ended with Chip Away, that's always a good closer.  Perry was next door at Satellite after the show, cool to see him hanging out.

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »
I Would For You?
27>34