Author Topic: First post !!!  (Read 7706 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: First post !!!
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 02:39:49 pm »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

holy crap.

i'm a bit overwhelmed.
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 02:49:53 pm »
Nice.
‼‼?‼‼

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 03:02:09 pm »
About the new site in general, nice, I like it.  It will take a bit of getting used to as all major changes do, but all told iy looks to be a pretty decent improvement.
FUKIT

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 04:05:56 pm »
I totally love this!!!
Everything is getting glowed up and marqueed from now on.
Woof.

azaghal1981

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2008, 05:08:04 pm »
Definitely will take some getting used to.
احمد

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 09:48:38 pm »
Can I suggest one formatting change?  The current format appears to be set so that the web page width does not adjust to the browser window, which means that horizontal scroll is necessary... which is very annoying.   You might do this on pages where graphic layout is important, but on a forum it doesn't make sense.   (It could be the bar across the top that is doing this).  I think it ought not to be too hard to fix.

Otherwise, the glitziness will be hard to get used to after the years of Halloween-Goth, but nonetheless it's very nice to see an update, and modern forum software.   Nice work.   
_\|/_

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 10:45:57 pm »
(o|o)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 11:16:41 pm »
teet  teetteet
Banana slug race!

😐 🎶

azaghal1981

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 11:33:57 pm »
Oooooooh love the "print" feature!

Nice to be able to read a thread without having to turn pages.
احمد

eltee

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 12:42:31 pm »
Oooooooh love the "print" feature!

Nice to be able to read a thread without having to turn pages.

Me too. I'll be using this. I keep wanting to click "next" for the page turn, anyway.

Relaxer

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2008, 01:07:15 pm »
Sup fools.
And here I figured the board was down all these days. Had to start venturing to other, less refined boards.
I'll need some time with this.

In the meantime,

FUCK YEAH I RUN LIKE YO BUTT AFTER MEXICAN DINNER YO
oword

Darth Ed

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 12:18:51 am »
the one new gizmo i really like about the new forum is being able to click the new graphic and jumping right down to proper place in the forum...
Yeah, I do love that. Welcome to the 21st century! Woo hoo!

Darth Ed

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008, 12:30:03 am »
Can I suggest one formatting change?  The current format appears to be set so that the web page width does not adjust to the browser window, which means that horizontal scroll is necessary... which is very annoying.   You might do this on pages where graphic layout is important, but on a forum it doesn't make sense.   (It could be the bar across the top that is doing this).  I think it ought not to be too hard to fix.

Otherwise, the glitziness will be hard to get used to after the years of Halloween-Goth, but nonetheless it's very nice to see an update, and modern forum software.   Nice work.  
I'm glad to see someone else complaining about this. I posted about that in the other thread, but it was mainly focused on the main page and not the forums, but I especially agree about the forums.

In the style.css file, someone needs to get rid of the "width: 930px" line in the style for the wrapper class:

Code: [Select]
#wrapper {
        margin:0 auto;
        min-height:100%;
        width:930px;
        background-color:#000000;
        padding-bottom:22px;
        position:relative;
}

and get rid of the "background-image: url(http://www.930.com/wp-content/themes/930/images/bgs/brick.jpg)" on the body tag and the "background-image: url(http://www.930.com/wp-content/themes/930/images/global/header_lights.jpg)" on the  <div id="WPheader"> tag. That should do it...

There are ways for users to override a web site's stylesheets, by the way. I'll be doing that real soon now if nobody makes any changes.