Author Topic: Mission of Burma  (Read 2861 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Mission of Burma
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »
i'm still thinking about this show, and listening to VS right now  :)

love the way Clint sings...
(_|_)

Driveway

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 09:50:00 pm »
How was Versus set?  Does anyone have a setlist?  I wanted to go so bad but was in Richmond.  Versus is my favorite band ever, I think.

snailhook

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 03:38:00 am »
i'm so pissed that i had silver apples on the same night. two of my favorite bands ever...tough choice. the apples -- well. really just simeon -- were terrific.

i'm glad i've seen burma twice since they reformed. i'm also bummed that i had to miss versus, but i might be bringing them to the velvet lounge in the near future. hopefully...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 09:01:00 am »
I made it to both shows, so sometimes the late start at the Velvet is a good thing! Simeon was fantastic. His show was distracted, however, by some terrible dancers who went on stage, including a member of Loto Ball Show who I thought were horrendous.

Originally posted by snailhook:
  i'm so pissed that i had silver apples on the same night. two of my favorite bands ever...tough choice. the apples -- well. really just simeon -- were terrific.

(_|_)

mr. pretentious

• This Boy Is Exhausted
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 09:44:00 am »
Originally posted by snailhook:
  i'm also bummed that i had to miss versus, but i might be bringing them to the velvet lounge in the near future. hopefully...
Please do.  I went for Mission of Burma and came out a fan of both.  I'd never even heard of Versus before this show.  Any recommendations on which album to get of theirs?

Driveway

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 10:08:00 am »
Wow, call me AT HOME when Versus signs on for Velvet Lounge!  Do they have a new record in the works?

I would recommend every Versus album except for maybe Deep Red, that one never did much for me.  My favorite is probably Dead Leaves, but I would say Secret Swingers is the best starter, to be followed by The Stars are Insane.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 10:27:00 am »
They played a few new songs, so I guess a new record isn't out of the question.  I highly recommend  The Stars Are Insane , but I'm not that familiar with much else.  

MoB was great - as usual.  Nice to get a few of the hits during the encore.   Versus were good, but not nearly as good as they were at the Teenbeat birthday gig a few years back.

terry

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 02:33:00 pm »
Excellent show. At first I was bummed that they weren't playing Signals, but the more I listen to Vs. the more it trumps Signals for me. Seeing Einstein's Day live was worth the fifteen bucks alone.

El Jefe Design

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 03:49:00 pm »
The posters are now available if anyone wants to get one. Pretty short supply as 50 of them got destroyed (thanks FedEx).

mr. pretentious

• This Boy Is Exhausted
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »
Just bought mine.  Huzzah!  :D