Author Topic: eMusic home stretch  (Read 4891 times)

vansmack

Re: eMusic home stretch
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 05:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:
  Supplement with iTunes then? (Yep, Santa brought me an iPod. The cost of this thing is what Barbie is for kids.)
Good for you.  You can do that, although I still find it cheaper to buy used Cd's and rip to iTunes than it is to buy off iTunes, but the used market is a little better where I live.

With an iPod, there is really no other option other than eMusic (MP3) or iTunes (AAC) if you choose to download your music.  Most other online stores use Windows Media Audio files that iPods don't support.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 With an iPod, there is really no other option other than eMusic (MP3) or iTunes (AAC) if you choose to download your music.
psst:

http://www.torrentz.com/
 http://www.indietorrents.com/
(o|o)

brennser

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »
emusic just added a bunch of Felt albums

brennser

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2007, 03:16:00 pm »
everyone but especially kosmo should download this album by The Chalets - brilliant, catchy pop

http://www.emusic.com/album/10893/10893379.html

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 09:37:00 am »
yup the Chalets is fun....

also checkout in similar vein Charlotte Hatherley's new single, ex Ash guitarist continues the solo career with a good but not great single.
T.Rex

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 11:18:00 am »
hey kosmo - your PM box is full.  Can you please contact me?   Thanks.

Bags

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 12:07:00 pm »
In response to El Tee's earlier question, I pretty much only download from eMusic.  I rarely go to iTunes (I think I got an early release of an album once, and I filled in a bunch of classic rock singles for a playlist I was doing for a going away party -- didn't have any Allman Brothers or Lynrd Skynrd of my own).

What I love about eMusic is the following:

- Each month, I get a couple albums I may have bought anyway, and a couple completely new bands (to me) just to try -- usually stuff I hear about here (like Chalets, Pipettes, The Sails -- which I'm getting today).  At basically $2 an album, that works for me.

- If there's not enough indie/pop for me, I fill in with jazz and classical - they've got oodles of John Coltrane, Miles, Dave Brubeck, etc.

- I can do anything I want with eMusic downloads.  Imagine that, I actually own them outright! (Unlike iTunes).

- When SxSW is coming up, lots of the bands I don't already know are available on eMusic.

- They list everything you've downloaded already, and you can download it again.  Great if you have a hard drive die, or if, like me, you want to have albums both at work and home (I can't burn CDs on my work computer).

brennser

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »
I know some folks are enjoying The Chalets right now. Just to point out the the label their are on, Setanta has a bunch of great Irish (and some english) bands from the 90s and 00s that are all well worth your emusic downloads A House, Frank and Walters, Brian, Richard Hawley, Edwyn Collins, SUltans of Ping, Into Paradise etc etc

Keith, the label owner has a great ear so you really can;t go wrong with alot of the downloads esp if you are into indie pop

http://www.emusic.com/label/116/116848.html

dudeman

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

and if you act quickly a couple UK labels as they may soon be unavailable to the US are there.

What's happening with these labels? Why will they soon not be available? [/b]
Grammar check!  "Why will they soon not be available?"  English 101 here you come!

brennser

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 11:32:00 am »
given that Ted Leo is on Touch and Go and Andrew Bird is on Fat Possum do people think their new CDs will be available on emusic?