Author Topic: Boris question  (Read 1169 times)

Mr.Whippy

Boris question
« on: July 05, 2008, 10:46:00 am »
Hi,
   Does anyone have a guess as to whether it will be possible to get tickets for the Boris show at the Black Cat at the door that night?
   Was their last Black Cat show clost to sold out?
   I have no idea if they are a big draw or not.

Thanks

SleepObsessed

Re: Boris question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »
I doubt it will sell out, but it might come close. I was at their last Black Cat show and it was pretty packed but not sold out...that was a Friday show. Being on a Tuesday, I think you'll probably have no problems getting tix at the door.

Boris AND Torche in one night?!?...DAMN! Gonna be a loud one.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 01:08:00 pm »
Yeah that all sounds about right.
 I still don't have a ticket but will probably grab one on monday.

Originally posted by SleepObsessed:
  I doubt it will sell out, but it might come close. I was at their last Black Cat show and it was pretty packed but not sold out...that was a Friday show. Being on a Tuesday, I think you'll probably have no problems getting tix at the door.

Boris AND Torche in one night?!?...DAMN! Gonna be a loud one.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 01:45:00 pm »
an additional question to ponder: how many people were turned on to boris at that last show, and have been preaching their gospel of weird ever since?  has demand for boris increased since the last show?
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »
They have gotten a good amount of press since Smile came out.

And the Smile pre-release party in NYC did sell out far in advance but that's NYC.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 06:24:00 pm »
Is Michio Kurihara on this leg of their tour too?

I know he was in Europe with them in may. Seems as though he's become a full-time member of the band.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:00 am »
My favorite of the three Boris shows I've seen except for the mosher assholes. Spending a large chunk of the night getting batted around wasn't fun. Musically, they were as on as ever. Setlist consisted of all of Smile, "Floorshaker" and "Pink." Michio Kurihara is indeed on this tour and he killed it as always. Long guitar feedback jam at the end of "Untitled" was the perfect way to cap off the night. Torche played a solid set, too. Clouds were your standard stoner metal band; nothing to write home about but decent.
احمد