Author Topic: Fleet Foxes  (Read 4182 times)

nmsles

Re: Fleet Foxes
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 08:00:00 am »
DUchess and the Duke- cute, good tunes, but overall i found most of their songs to be very similar.  that were very annoyed at the chatty crowd.

fleet foxes- wow. everything sounded more beautiful live.  despite the fact that the leader singer was sick, his voice blew my mind.  really, really great show.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 08:03:00 am »
FF are really, really good at what they do. I'm just not sure how much I'm into what it is that they do. I found it funny that the four guys with facial hair all sang, and the baby faced Rhett Miller lookalike was the only one who didn't.

Duke and Duchess were highly annoying, a good example of too many bands having record contracts. They should stick with their modelling gig.

sonickteam2

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 08:42:00 am »
i just listened to this CD twice over the weekend and i hate it.  whats the big deal with these guys?  they sound like a My Morning Jacket ripoff.  is this their only disc?

Driveway

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 09:17:00 am »
The opening band should definitely invest in some tuners.  The last two songs they played were tolerable.  Other than that, it was pretty annoying.

Was anyone else impressed with that the singer from Fleet Foxes was wearing?  He was dressed like it was 20 degrees in that room.  Where I was, it was borderline sweaty in shorts.  I was very impressed by that alone.  The sound was REALLY good.  I'd love to see them play with Nada Surf or David Bazan, but they will probably be way to huge next time they come thru.

azaghal1981

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 11:53:00 am »
Oh I guess they played "He Doesn't Know Why" too.
احمد

nmsles

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 02:42:00 pm »
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92089028

NPR posted the show ^^

anyone know the full set, in order?

earlx

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 02:34:00 pm »
Am I alone in thinking that Fleet Foxes sound like America (the band)?  I don't mean this as a criticism.  I find both groups quite pleasant.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by earlx:
  Am I alone in thinking that Fleet Foxes sound like America (the band)?  I don't mean this as a criticism.  I find both groups quite pleasant.
I listened to the NPR recording this morning and said the EXACT SAME THING to my girlfriend ... "shit, this sounds exactly like america!"
(o|o)