Author Topic: Ready for Clutch?  (Read 1886 times)

joseph gray

Ready for Clutch?
« on: May 07, 2004, 11:13:00 pm »
The boys come home tomorrow night, and man, ain't it about time? I swear they are just about the only band I'll pay to go see, and they're defintely the only band for which I get truly excited. All hail the almighty Clutch, i'm sure they won't disappoint, they never do!!!

Sailor Ripley

Re: Ready for Clutch?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 08:23:00 am »
I'm sure you're aware of this little fact:

This tour will consist of a two (or more) hour long Clutch set being kicked off by The Bakerton Group  

PigIron

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 10:21:00 am »
This tour will consist of a two (or more) hour long Clutch set being kicked off by The Bakerton Group  
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Which, basically means, the two-hour Clutch show will be kicked off by a forty-five minute instrumental Clutch show.  

This is a band I've seen so many times that its starting to get embarrassing.  According to the set lists for the recent tour, they should put on a great show.  They usually do.  Two-hours plus is getting your money's worth.  The only times that I havent been that impressed is when they do the jamming thing for way to long or fill the set with "new songs" that they haven't even recorded yet.  But some of my favorite shows ever have been Clutch shows.  As far as listening to music goes, there is not a band I have enjoyed more over the past 12 years.

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 01:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by PigIron:
  This is a band I've seen so many times that its starting to get embarrassing.  
Don't worry, you're not alone.

Originally posted by PigIron:
 The only times that I havent been that impressed is when they ... fill the set with "new songs" that they haven't even recorded yet.
I dig this.  It's always annoying to me that as bands get bigger and release more albums they feel they can only play the stuff that's already been release.  Me, I want the new stuff just as much as the old.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 01:31:38 pm »
looks like Clutch are skipping da clarb this time 'round (closest show is RVA), but if and when they do play there again you can be ready with venue-appropriate merch:

<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 01:56:41 pm »
There should be a 9:IN shirt...

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 02:09:27 pm »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 02:16:36 pm »
Nine:Inch Nails