Author Topic: in flames/kse roll call  (Read 2129 times)

flawd101

in flames/kse roll call
« on: May 24, 2004, 05:29:00 am »
hahahahaha, thats more of a joke.  no one on this board will go...the bands actually play their instraments...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: in flames/kse roll call
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 09:23:00 am »
but can they actually sing, instead of screaming?  harmonize? write lyrics that don't involve swearing or rhyming deck with neck?
   :D
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 10:39:00 am »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  no one on this board will go...the bands actually play their instraments...
Huh?  Uhm, I've seen about 30 bands this year, and they all played their instruments, really fuckin' well much of the time....This is the wrong board to be referring to the Britneys and American Idol artists of the world on...

flawd101

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 03:06:00 pm »
personally i dont think your ppl's bands play their instraments to their full capabilities.  maybe its just the few bands i've heard.

KSE and In flames sing and have good lyrics in most songs....no rhyming or much swearing, only a couple words an album.

in flames used to have solos but the last 2 albums have been lacking.  bands shouldnt expirement on their expirements.

they do have nice harmonys
 specially in the choruses.
 yet they do scream because it makes the singing sound better. nevermore sucks.

howard of killswitch has a great voice and anders of inflames is also good most of the time, yet they dont sing like little bitches that complain over stupid stuff.

inconclusion they are great singers but their music does involve screaming or "growling."

as i lay dying doesnt count. they are good but very little singing except in a few songs and mostly talk about girlfriends...blah blah blah, yet have good not predictable lyrics somethimes.

i wonder if all that made sense.  they have amazing singing chorus's.  metaphor is a cool "ballad" by inflames.  very unique compared to the rest of their stuff.

flawd101

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 03:07:00 pm »
ps inflames are owned the Euro charts this year when their album came out. top 10 in most countries.

kse was 21 in america

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 03:10:00 pm »
Sounds kind of like Hootie and the Blowfish to me.

personally i dont think your ppl's bands play their instraments to their full capabilities.  maybe its just the few bands i've heard.

KSE and In flames sing and have good lyrics in most songs....no rhyming or much swearing, only a couple words an album.

in flames used to have solos but the last 2 albums have been lacking.  bands shouldnt expirement on their expirements.

they do have nice harmonys
 specially in the choruses.
 yet they do scream because it makes the singing sound better. nevermore sucks.

howard of killswitch has a great voice and anders of inflames is also good most of the time, yet they dont sing like little bitches that complain over stupid stuff.

inconclusion they are great singers but their music does involve screaming or "growling."

as i lay dying doesnt count. they are good but very little singing except in a few songs and mostly talk about girlfriends...blah blah blah, yet have good not predictable lyrics somethimes.

i wonder if all that made sense.  they have amazing singing chorus's.  metaphor is a cool "ballad" by inflames.  very unique compared to the rest of their stuff.

flawd101

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 03:29:00 pm »
yes, they sound like hootie and the blowfish.  dead on.  :roll:  

KSE does have a black singer....(you can beat up everyone on this board by himself, unlike hootie.)

inflames is sweedish.....

jonathan56

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 09:46:00 pm »
Hell ya I went to the show and it was crazy...
 flawd101 is right kse and in flames both can play good music and have nice lyrics that they just dont scream out......yup.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 08:21:00 am »

care to junction i mean elaborate this statement? i'm curious as to what you mean.  i'm speculating it was something to do with that fact that not every band plays "fast" ala speed metal, or has long wanking guitar solos. both of which tend to bore me...
T.Rex

flawd101

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 02:58:00 pm »
i mean it is always this slow stuff that is easy to play.  does not take much skill.

inflames and kse were better then i thought they would be!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 03:26:00 pm »
being able to play one's instrument fast just means you have to clean up the sticky mess earlier.  one of the reason that the Bruning Brides are in my heavy rotation is that while they can certainly "play" fast it's not the only ingrident in the mix.  but then again different strokes for different folks.
T.Rex

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 03:32:00 pm »
Playing fast doesn't really indicate a higher level of skill.  In fact many would argue the exact opposite.  Speed and volume do wonders to cover up subtle mistakes.  Sure playing really fast is a skill to add to the arsenal for lots of bands but not really a good overall barometer at how good someone is at their instrument.

Ever listen to old DRI?  You'll see what i mean.  Incredibly fast but not very skilled.  Not to say I didn't dig that stuff way back when.  Heck it still brings a smile to my face...

flawd101

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 03:40:00 pm »
ok then erase the word fast....i just think a lot of the instramentals sound really easy to play.  but of course my main problemis the boring vocals....

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 03:47:00 pm »
I guess most people just don't share your appreciation for fine musicianship then.

ok then erase the word fast....i just think a lot of the instramentals sound really easy to play.  but of course my main problemis the boring vocals....

flawd101

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2004, 07:41:00 pm »
well then i guess not.

thanks for ending this.