Author Topic: Wooly Mammoth/Owls & Crows/Kohoutek: Rock and Roll H  (Read 1214 times)

snailhook

Wooly Mammoth/Owls & Crows/Kohoutek: Rock and Roll H
« on: August 21, 2006, 08:26:00 pm »
Come celebrate the CD release and DVD/CD release of two of DC's soft-rockingest bands! We will caress your soul all night:

Thursday, August 24
 Rock and Roll Hotel: OPENING NIGHT!
 1353 H St NE, WDC
 http://www.rockandrollhoteldc.com
 $8, all ages!
 doors at 8, show at 9

Wooly Mammoth (Temporary Nature on Underdogma)
 Owls & Crows (ex-Snuff Project, DC garage rock at its finest)
 Kohoutek (Hair on the Sidewalk on Sockets, an hour-long dadaist tribute to Charles Bronson, Jane Fonda, and suicide)
 Kiss & Ride  

It's finally opening night, and there will be more tight pants, hobbit hair, and upwardly mobile citizens than you can count. Four better Radiohead tribute bands will not be found, on one stage, EVER! Don't miss it!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Wooly Mammoth/Owls & Crows/Kohoutek: Rock and Roll H
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 12:52:00 pm »
cool.

i met the singer from Adam West last week, and he told me something to the effect that there will be some sort of a "soft grand opening", and that his band will be playing a "second grand opening" type gig on sept 30.  not sure what the story is, just thought i'd throw it out there in case people hear of another "opening party"  :)
<sig>

snailhook

Re: Wooly Mammoth/Owls & Crows/Kohoutek: Rock and Roll H
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 01:27:00 pm »
well, there is a soft grand opening tomorrow night, but there will be no bands, just hangin' out.

first full night of entertainment is thursday. the hotel is looking pretty good...