Author Topic: Bloc Party on NPR  (Read 1828 times)

sonickteam2

Bloc Party on NPR
« on: June 14, 2005, 03:00:00 pm »
dont even need to go to the show....to hear it.

linky

Hear Bloc Party Live in Concert June 16
 Performance at DC's 9:30 Club to Stream on NPR.org

NPR.org, June 13, 2005 · Bloc Party's passionate, often manic, post-punk sound draws as much inspiration from Joy Division and The Smiths as from Dizzie Rascal and DJ Shadow, making them one of the most exciting new bands to come out of England in recent years.

Bloc Party's debut CD Silent Alarm is earning wide critical praise, with some saying it's only a matter of time before the band "takes the U.S. by storm."

The group was officially formed in the fall of 2003 with guitarist Kele Okereke fronting the band on vocals, Gordon Moakes on bass, Russell Lissack on guitar and Matt Tong on drums.

Of their new album, the band says "it's a warning to those who think they can change the world. Not everyone can, hardly anyone does. It's about talking up your own limitations. Trying to break down the ridiculousness attached to rock bands. If we're about anything, we're about that... avoiding cliche' and letting ideas stand for themselves."

sonickteam2

Re: Bloc Party on NPR
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 03:01:00 pm »
i dont know that i have ever seen a picture of them before.  they are as fucking retarded looking as thier name!

Arthwys

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 03:30:00 pm »
Is there any way to record this as they broadcast it?  I only know the tried and true method of copying live radio to cassette tape.  I'd like to put it on CD or even just as digital files on my comp.
Emrys

Chip Chanko

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 03:33:00 pm »
There's a bunch of programs that let you do this. I know Nero does. There's probably free programs, too. Usually whatever program you're recording with you have to change the input to "What I Hear" or something like that. It might depend on your soundcard. Mine cost $30 and it can do it. I had to record an Andrea Bocelli concert for my mom.

Originally posted by Arthwys:
  Is there any way to record this as they broadcast it?  I only know the tried and true method of copying live radio to cassette tape.  I'd like to put it on CD or even just as digital files on my comp.

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 03:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chip Chanko:
  I had to record an Andrea Bocelli concert for my mom.

likely story

Chip Chanko

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 05:47:00 pm »
It might have been Bette Midler for my dad...

Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by Chip Chanko:
  I had to record an Andrea Bocelli concert for my mom.

likely story [/b]