Author Topic: The Rebirth of Music  (Read 798 times)

vansmack

The Rebirth of Music
« on: August 22, 2006, 05:10:00 pm »
Wired mag has a nice exposé entitled "The Rebirth of Music" that I recommend to folks interested in an overview at how artists have taken back their music and are doing creative things with it.

After an interview with Beck about his creativity in new releases, an interview with the Nettwerk Music Group on marketing new releases wihtout radio play, and the lady who chooses songs for TV (OC and Grey's Anatomy), the mag covers new avenues for music like last.fm, emusic, audionautes, and just about every other thing we've tried around here for the last year to enjoy our music.

It finishes with an interview with the Pitchfork folks.

Next year they'll likely cover the next realm -  regional music web sites like bigyawn...

Anyhow, worth a read.  I'd post it but it won't be available online for another week or so.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Rebirth of Music
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 05:17:00 pm »
i think wired is one of the best reads out there. a yearly subscription of wired is only $12 (they make their money from ads, not subs).

they regularly have articles about technology and music, upcoming bands, trends in the industry... i recomended it.
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 08:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  i think wired is one of the best reads out there. a yearly subscription of wired is only $12 (they make their money from ads, not subs).
or 2 years for $4 on ebay

definitely my favorite monthly magazine now
(o|o)

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 12:13:00 am »
Thanks, but I'll stick to  The Wire (only $100 bucks a year!) (yeah, I'm always whoring this mag but it's the best and they deserve more exposure).