Author Topic: Primus Sucks  (Read 1074 times)

Sieve-Fisted

Primus Sucks
« on: January 23, 2004, 10:40:00 am »
Whatâ??s the deal with Primus playing DAR Constitution Hall on 03/13/04?  Seats!  I think the seats will take away from the energy of their live show.   Back in the day, I saw them at Lollapalooza and American University and it was a blast.  I just think they could have chosen a better venue.  

Itâ??s still going to be an awesome show since the first set varies on a nightly basis sampling from the band's vast repertoire. The second set is a one time only start to finish performance of the pinnacle Primus masterpiece "Sailing The Seas Of Cheese."

Guiny

Re: Primus Sucks
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 11:29:00 am »
Yeah i agree, i think they coulda played at a better venue. The tickets on their web site have sold out already so now i'm waiting for Ticketbastard to start selling. There's actually three sets, the first of course are various songs, the second is the first half of Sailing the Seas of Cheese and the third set is the second half of it. Plus they will have the one encore song which has usually been Too Many Puppies.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 11:59:00 am »
Originally posted by Sieve-Fisted:
  Whatâ??s the deal with Primus playing DAR Constitution Hall on 03/13/04?  Seats!  I think the seats will take away from the energy of their live show.   Back in the day, I saw them at Lollapalooza and American University and it was a blast.  I just think they could have chosen a better venue.  

Itâ??s still going to be an awesome show since the first set varies on a nightly basis sampling from the band's vast repertoire. The second set is a one time only start to finish performance of the pinnacle Primus masterpiece "Sailing The Seas Of Cheese."
>>>> "Back In The Day" I used to pay 5 bucks at the door to see Primus who were basically the house band at a club called Nightbreak on Haight St.in San Fran. I must have saw them at least 7 to 10 times there over a year or more living in that location. Haven't seen them since. And I will not ever set foot in Constitution Hall again! I have been to 500 plus shows all over the place and I would have to say that it is my most hated venue. Seating which sucks and bad site lines to name just a few things that I can't stand about it. I would travel to go elsewhere to see a show if the band I wanted to see was appearing there. just an opinion....

Guiny

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 12:11:00 pm »
I agree, i'm only going cause i dont wanna miss Primus. They play in Norfolk the night before but i dont feel like driving two and a half hours on 395/95 South on a Friday night.