Author Topic: Oops  (Read 1774 times)

brennser

Oops
« on: January 26, 2004, 11:44:00 am »
Does the board at 9.30 have some kind of canopy to prevent this or is it underneath the upper level - I've always thought theres a possibility of a beer bath from upstairs....

Jan. 26, 2004  |  NEW YORK (AP) -- Iron Maiden offered its sympathy to fans whose concert experience was ruined by a beer over the weekend. Iron Maiden manager Ron Smallwood said on the band's Web site "some idiot" on the mezzanine of their show in New York "thought it was a good idea to chuck his beer into the air rather than down his throat."

The beer landed below on the mixing board. It blew out several channels and kept the band from playing any encores. Smallwood said the band felt "gutted" about the incident and he thanked fans for being understanding. He added, "And to the idiot who caused this, I do hope you learned a lesson."

paige

Re: Oops
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 11:55:00 am »
there is a big black canopy type thing that prevents any spilling from above. at the starsailor show i actually saw a few red plastic cups in it, which i found quite random.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 12:01:00 pm »
i sure hope the moron who felt the need to drop his cup from the 9:30 balcony into a garbage can  on the first floor awhile back read that.  it was a classic moment on the forum when he couldn't quite figure out why he was tossed out of the club. even better when his "dad" posted on the board defending his son  :roll:
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 01:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  i sure hope the moron who felt the need to drop his cup from the 9:30 balcony into a garbage can  on the first floor awhile back read that.  it was a classic moment on the forum when he couldn't quite figure out why he was tossed out of the club. even better when his "dad" posted on the board defending his son   :roll:  
Is this thread still up? Sounds entertaining. Link?
😐 🎶

paige

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 01:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  i sure hope the moron who felt the need to drop his cup from the 9:30 balcony into a garbage can  on the first floor awhile back read that.  it was a classic moment on the forum when he couldn't quite figure out why he was tossed out of the club. even better when his "dad" posted on the board defending his son   :roll:  
i remember that!!! one of the funniest threads of all time...

Guiny

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 02:54:00 pm »
I wish i had thought of the throwing the beer on the mixing table at last years Starsailor show.

Jaguär

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 02:06:00 am »
That crazy thread was deleted at least a year or so ago. Too bad it's not possible to store that many archieves and that we don't have a search option.

Sir HC

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 03:38:00 pm »
That tarp also has a plastic sheet under it.  It usually is enough but sometimes the drips do get through.  Forget the show but the band threw water bottles from stage and several ended up in that tarp and some dripped through.  Didn't kill the board though (and Gwar once hit it with the crap-a-pult).

walkman

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 03:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
 (and Gwar once hit it with the crap-a-pult).
that's it?  I figured they would have done more damage over the years...

Sir HC

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 05:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:

(and Gwar once hit it with the crap-a-pult).
that's it?  I figured they would have done more damage over the years... [/b]
Talk about taking precautions, you should see what is done there for a Gwar show.  Plastic the stage, then rugs over that, all monitors double bagged, sheets of plastic from both sides to protect the bars and backstage areas.  Bombproofing is the best part.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 06:32:00 pm »
 Talk about taking precautions, you should see what is done there for a Gwar show.  Plastic the stage, then rugs over that, all monitors double bagged, sheets of plastic from both sides to protect the bars and backstage areas.  Bombproofing is the best part.
Curious: how do the staph members prepare  themselves?
😐 🎶

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 04:44:00 am »
Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:
  Curious: how do the staph members prepare  themselves?
we tell the newbies to wear white, and they each get a brief turn in the barricade.  veterans don't mind much.  i had teal armpits for a week this time.

Sir HC

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 03:20:00 pm »
The Phil story is the greatest though.