Author Topic: please take a moment...  (Read 1585 times)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
please take a moment...
« on: July 11, 2008, 07:42:00 pm »
...and read this article about my friend and mentor, keith.  he died three years ago today.  i would not be the person that i am today if not for his influence in my life, and everyone should know his story.

follow up piece  here.

SPARX

Re: please take a moment...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:37:00 pm »
Sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like he was one of those rare "one of a kind" guys few of us are fortunate to meet. I'm sure he'll be deeply missed by many. My condolences to you, his friends and family.

Just feel good at knowing you're a better man today because he was in your life. Life is hard sometimes, no doubt about it. It's people like him that make it worth living.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:59:00 pm »
he sounds like the kind of people i try to surround myself with.  i've been lucky to find a few such rare gems, and i hold on to them dearly.  i can't begin to imagine how the loss of one of them would affect me.

sorry to hear of your loss.  nice eulogy/memorial/whatever that first link sent me too.  gave me an appreciation of the man.
<sig>

Tom Servo

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 11:31:00 pm »
Great article, thanks for posting it.

SPARX

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
    i can't begin to imagine how the loss of one of them would affect me.

As one who has had to experience such a loss, I can tell you with certainty it downright sucks. They say it gets easier, it really doesn't. It's just a scar you carry as you trudge onward. Be thankful you've been fortunate enough that you haven't had to deal with such pain yet. It's downright gut wrenching. I feel blessed to have got to spend the time I had on this crazy planet together with these brutally honest,true blue friends while it was possible. Memories to last a lifetime. Priceless. You really just never know, so enjoy things while you can. Even the ones that you saw it coming and were helpless to do anything, they're no easier when the news hits you smack dab in the gut.

SPARX

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 11:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
   i've been lucky to find a few such rare gems, and i hold on to them dearly.

As well you should. Most precious part of your life you'll ever find. [/qb][/QUOTE]

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 02:55:00 am »
Wow! We need more people in the world like him. Sounded like a fascinating person to say the least.

Thanks for sharing.
HeyLa

taperkat

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 09:28:00 am »
That was an amazing story.. thanks for the share.