Author Topic: Bumbershoot Festival 2008  (Read 1845 times)

Vas Deferens

Bumbershoot Festival 2008
« on: July 15, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »
The 2008 Bumbershoot music lineup includes Beck, Stone Temple Pilots, Death Cab For Cutie, T.I., The Offspring, Keyshia Cole, Lucinda Williams, Paramore, Neko Case, Band of Horses, The Black Keys,    :eek:      :eek:      :eek:   SUPERCHUNK  :eek:      :eek:      :eek:   , Nada Surf, Ingrid Michaelson, Del Tha Funky Homosapien, Jakob Dylan, !!!, Mike Doughty, Old 97's, Xavier Rudd, Anti-Flag, Minus the Bear, M. Ward, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Man Man, Joe Bonamassa, Saul Willliams, Brother Ali, Battles, Aiden, The Walkmen, Kid Sister, Estelle, Unearth, Tapes â??n Tapes, The Weakerthans, Sons and Daughters, Asylum Street Spankers, Dan Deacon, Two Gallants, Blitzen Trapper, Sondre Lerche, Bedouin Soundclash, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Tim Finn, Cheb I Sabbah & 1002 Nights featuring Riffat Sultana, Dale Watson, The Whigs, John Vanderslice, Flobots, Thao with the Get Down Stay Down, Final Fantasy, Adele, The Fall of Troy, Orgone, Langhorne Slim & The War Eagles, Forro in the Dark, These Arms Are Snakes, The Blakes, Sweet Water, Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby, Pacifika, Arthur & Yu, Darondo & Nino Moschella, Vicci Martinez, Ian Moore, Mark Pickerel & His Praying Hands, Barcelona, Kinski, Throw Me The Statue, J-Boogie's Dubtronic Science, Tyrone Wells, Howlin Rain, Monotonix, Black Eye & Neckties, The Shackeltons, West Indian Girl and many more.

Here's hoping a full Superchunk tour!
(_|_)

vansmack

Re: Bumbershoot Festival 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
   Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby
Wow.
27>34

BookerT

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby
Wow. [/b]
they're doing a whole tour together. i posted the jammin' java date (sept. 25) in just announced but it (redacted).

merced, CA (where?) seems to be the closest they are coming to you,  at least as of now.

and man, it's been ages since i've seen superchunk, not since that classic black cat show when they encored with "born to run," "gold soundz" and "detroit has a skyline."

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »
Thinking about doing this one. Especially like the Saturday lineup. Anybody have tips on landing really cheap plane tickets?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 07:58:00 pm »
i'm looking right now...looks like jetblue is the cheapest so far going to SEA.. one way is $270 (including taxes). However, it's not non-stop. Alaska Airlines has non-stop flight for $319.00

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Thinking about doing this one. Especially like the Saturday lineup. Anybody have tips on landing really cheap plane tickets?
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 08:27:00 pm »
last time i saw them was 2001. sweatiest show ever. about 3/4 of the audience were pogo-ing.

Originally posted by BookerT:
  and man, it's been ages since i've seen superchunk, not since that classic black cat show when they encored with "born to run," "gold soundz" and "detroit has a skyline."
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 09:56:00 am »
Flying across the country to see a music show? You yuppie!
oword

RonniStar

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 10:39:00 am »
  The 2008 Bumbershoot music lineup includes Beck, Stone Temple Pilots, Death Cab For Cutie, T.I., The Offspring, Keyshia Cole, Lucinda Williams, Paramore, Neko Case, Band of Horses, The Black Keys,     :eek:        :eek:        :eek:    SUPERCHUNK   :eek:        :eek:        :eek:    , Nada Surf, Ingrid Michaelson, Del Tha Funky Homosapien, Jakob Dylan, !!!, Mike Doughty, Old 97's, Xavier Rudd, Anti-Flag, Minus the Bear, M. Ward, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Man Man, Joe Bonamassa, Saul Willliams, Brother Ali, Battles, Aiden, The Walkmen, Kid Sister, Estelle, Unearth, Tapes â??n Tapes, The Weakerthans, Sons and Daughters, Asylum Street Spankers, Dan Deacon, Two Gallants, Blitzen Trapper, Sondre Lerche, Bedouin Soundclash, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Tim Finn, Cheb I Sabbah & 1002 Nights featuring Riffat Sultana, Dale Watson, The Whigs, John Vanderslice, Flobots, Thao with the Get Down Stay Down, Final Fantasy, Adele, The Fall of Troy, Orgone, Langhorne Slim & The War Eagles, Forro in the Dark, These Arms Are Snakes, The Blakes, Sweet Water, Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby, Pacifika, Arthur & Yu, Darondo & Nino Moschella, Vicci Martinez, Ian Moore, Mark Pickerel & His Praying Hands, Barcelona, Kinski, Throw Me The Statue, J-Boogie's Dubtronic Science, Tyrone Wells, Howlin Rain, Monotonix, Black Eye & Neckties, The Shackeltons, West Indian Girl and many more.

Do you have a link to the event? I like to see what's it all about!

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 11:13:00 am »
My brother lives in Seattle. I fly to Seattle to visit him. If I'm going to pick the right time to go to Seattle, late August/early September is the time to go, with Bumbershoot, and great hiking weather.

Originally posted by Relaxer:

Flying across the country to see a music show? You yuppie! [/b]

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 11:14:00 am »
um, take a guess...

Originally posted by RonniStar:

The 2008 Bumbershoot music lineup includes Beck, Stone Temple Pilots, Death Cab For Cutie, T.I., The Offspring, Keyshia Cole, Lucinda Williams, Paramore, Neko Case, Band of Horses, The Black Keys,      :eek:          :eek:          :eek:     SUPERCHUNK    :eek:          :eek:          :eek:     , Nada Surf, Ingrid Michaelson, Del Tha Funky Homosapien, Jakob Dylan, !!!, Mike Doughty, Old 97's, Xavier Rudd, Anti-Flag, Minus the Bear, M. Ward, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Man Man, Joe Bonamassa, Saul Willliams, Brother Ali, Battles, Aiden, The Walkmen, Kid Sister, Estelle, Unearth, Tapes â??n Tapes, The Weakerthans, Sons and Daughters, Asylum Street Spankers, Dan Deacon, Two Gallants, Blitzen Trapper, Sondre Lerche, Bedouin Soundclash, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Tim Finn, Cheb I Sabbah & 1002 Nights featuring Riffat Sultana, Dale Watson, The Whigs, John Vanderslice, Flobots, Thao with the Get Down Stay Down, Final Fantasy, Adele, The Fall of Troy, Orgone, Langhorne Slim & The War Eagles, Forro in the Dark, These Arms Are Snakes, The Blakes, Sweet Water, Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby, Pacifika, Arthur & Yu, Darondo & Nino Moschella, Vicci Martinez, Ian Moore, Mark Pickerel & His Praying Hands, Barcelona, Kinski, Throw Me The Statue, J-Boogie's Dubtronic Science, Tyrone Wells, Howlin Rain, Monotonix, Black Eye & Neckties, The Shackeltons, West Indian Girl and many more.

Do you have a link to the event? I like to see what's it all about! [/b]

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:
*drools*

"detroit..." is my favorite superchunk song, the acoustic version on the "hyper enough" single / "cup of sand" comp is just absolutely devastating

i'm kind of surprised to see the superchunk love on here, last time i brought them up here they were roundly pilloried
(o|o)

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »
I saw Superchunk at the Black Cat. i'm not sure what year it was. May have been a little earlier than 2001. I thought they weren't so good. I hate the singers wussy voice.

I ran into their drummer several times while shopping at Whole Foods in Chapel Hill in 1996-1997. I probably already told that one.

killsaly

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »
That is a great line up.  I might try and talk my roommate into going. And for only 80 bucks?  Nice.