Author Topic: where's terrence and phillip when i need them?  (Read 1857 times)

walkonby

where's terrence and phillip when i need them?
« on: September 02, 2005, 02:31:00 pm »
the rumour in the town where i work, is a-boot to be revealed that they are shutting down ALL the gas stations for the weekend . . . and people are already lining the streets to get at it.  amazing to watch.  all those bitches in those huge trucks that they can't even park, and now what are they going to do?  hemi, anyone?

hey, relax guy.  take a rest.  look over there.

ggw

Re: where's terrence and phillip when i need them?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 02:41:00 pm »
Didn't you move to rural Virginia?

My brother lived in western North Carolina back when they introduced the new $20 bill.  Rumors circulated that the old bills were instantly non-negotiable.  People refused to take them from the banks and many shopkeepers wouldn't accept them. It was pandemonium!!

helicon1

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 02:59:00 pm »
My mom called me and warned me I needed to fill up by 4pm. That's just silly. There are no coordinated efforts to close gas stations.

amnesiac

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 03:41:00 pm »
Sorry, all new posts regarding the effect of overhype have to focus on Death Cab.  We'll need to shut this post down.
27>34

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 03:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Sorry, all new posts regarding the effect of overhype have to focus on Death Cab.  We'll need to shut this post down.
death cab is an overhype.  shut it down, and the terrorists have won.

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 03:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Didn't you move to rural Virginia?

My brother lived in western North Carolina back when they introduced the new $20 bill.  Rumors circulated that the old bills were instantly non-negotiable.  People refused to take them from the banks and many shopkeepers wouldn't accept them. It was pandemonium!!
i do live in rural va.  i can see the stars as they shine sweet jesus upon me.  i work in un-rural va, which is where i get online to annoy people on this site.  they are shutting the stations down for one day in the town i work, and then only letting people get five gallons when they open.  three gas stations have already posted this sign on their pumps.  "reality bites" is more than just a bad, winona movie.

Guiny

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 04:07:00 pm »
They shoulda started this thing next weekend and let us enjoy the three day weekend.

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 04:14:00 pm »
Bush warns of gasoline problem this holiday weekend

02 Sep 2005 17:45:53 GMT

Source: Reuters

BILOXI, Miss., Sept 2 (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush warned motorists on Friday to expect "a problem" with gasoline over the Labor Day holiday weekend when high prices and sporadic outages may interfere with Americans' final summer outings.

"Listen, we're going to have a problem this weekend when it comes to gasoline but we're addressing it," Bush told reporters while touring damage and recovery efforts from Hurricane Katrina which slammed into Louisiana and Mississippi on Monday.

Separately, Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman said the government would offer for sale 30 million barrels of crude oil from the emergency stockpile, loan 9.1 million barrels to several refiners, and prepare for the arrival of more than 1 million barrels per day of gasoline shipments from the International Energy Agency.