Author Topic: Birdmonster Roll Call  (Read 1241 times)

kurosawa-b/w

Birdmonster Roll Call
« on: September 04, 2006, 08:06:00 pm »
Anyone else going to see  Birdmonster  and  The Sammies  tonight at Black Cat? I was mainly going to see Birdmonster, but I am totally digging The Sammies tracks I just listened to. Should be a good lineup.

Arlette

Re: Birdmonster Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:25:00 am »
I think you and I are the only ones who get the brilliance of Birdmonster on this board.  Wish I could have made it tonight, but alas, had other stuff going on.  I've been hyping them for a long time.

Saw them last time though, and they were fucking awesome.  Hope you enjoy the show.  It will be kick ass.

No Midnight is one of my favorite albums this year.  And they actually over-deliver live.  So cool seeing a band that doesn't just know how to record, but knows how to play live.

Anyway, hope the show rocks, I know it will.  Wish I could have been there.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 01:16:00 pm »
was that it for the line-up at the black cat? as you know, im seeing them on thursday night at the mercury. pretty big line-up. guess ill be there early for the sammies  :)

10:30 -
 BIRDMONSTER
 - 9:30 -
 CATFISH HAVEN
 - 8:30 -
 SOMEONE STILL LOVES YOU BORIS YELTSIN
 - 7:30 -
 THE SAMMIES
HeyLa

amnesiac

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 11:25:00 am »
Saw them the other night and at Sonar a few months ago. They were amazing both times. Unfortunately, I was pretty spent from Labor Day weekend and couldn't enjoy the show as much as I otherwise would have. But they rocked out and put alot of energy into it - this is just one of those bands that you have to see live.

And yeah, it was just them and The Sammies.

Reod Dai

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 03:51:00 pm »
I wish I could have made the show.  I saw them at Relative Theory in Norfolk a while back and they kicked ass.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 09:57:00 am »
I agree with everything that has already been said. Birdmonster played a stormer of a set. Lots of energy and good feeling. Clearly they were having a great time, and it was reflected in the music. Resurrection Song is one of my faves, so that was a highlight. I will absolutely see them again. I also really enjoyed The Sammies. Good ole fashioned rock and roll from a group of Carolina boys. I keep playing their song Caretaker. A fun show!