Author Topic: THE PRESETS this Friday  (Read 1751 times)

Whycontrol

THE PRESETS this Friday
« on: September 05, 2006, 01:56:00 pm »
Yep, uh huh. This Friday. Hope to see you there!

ROOM SERVICE
 @ Rock and Roll Hotel

A monthly rock and roll disco from the creators of BLISS beginning September 8, 2006
 2nd Friday of the month
 Bringing the best live dance music performances from around the world every month with DJ Will Eastman and special guests

Debut event
 Friday, September 8
 Live performance by THE PRESETS (New South Wales,
 Australia) at 11:00 pm
 http://www.myspace.com/thepresets

Rock and Roll Hotel
 1353 H Street, NE, Washington, DC
 doors 9:00
 18+  $10
 http://www.rockandrollhoteldc.com

The creators of BLISS are thrilled to be working with Rock and Roll Hotel in the heart of DCâ??s newest entertainment hub, H Street, NE., to present a new monthly event: ROOM SERVICE, an evening for dance lovers with the best new bands and DJs that serve and provoke your party impulse.

Special guest DJ: Stereo Faith

Mixing the Sex Pistols into the Kaiser Chiefs, into Ladytron, into Blur might sound like a trainwreck, but on the contrary, DJ Stereo Faith manages to pull it off without a hitch and has been doing as such since 1993. Stereo Faith's style developed as a result of many years spent attending punk rock shows and Jamaican sound clashes during the eighties. The explosive atmosphere of punk rock shows and the intoxicating rhythms of Jamaican dancehall filled Stereo Faith with the strong desire to channel both differing styles of music into one powerful force expressed through DJing. He has commanded the dancefloor at venues in Atlanta, DC, Philadelphia and New York. Residencies include Sorted (DC), Peer Pressure (NY), Rude (NY), Audio Electric (DC), Transmission (DC) and Paranoia (DC).  

www.myspace.com/djstereofaith
 www.stereofaith.com

sonickteam2

Re: THE PRESETS this Friday
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 01:57:00 pm »
the presets kick ass.  too bad i am busy that night.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 02:14:00 pm »
i'm definitely planning on checking this out... new* venue, new* event/party/promoters, new* band - an evening of discovery.  based on the online clips, sounds like the presets put out some very danceable electro-pop.  fun.

* before some chin-scratcher gets his and his boyfriend's panties in a knot: by "new", i mean new to me.
<sig>

Whycontrol

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 12:48:00 pm »
For folks who want to come to ROOM SERVICE tonight with the Presets but aren't sure how they're going to get to Rock and Roll Hotel, shuttle service between Union Station and Rock and Roll Hotel is available. Schedule 30 minutes in advance with ATLAS DISTRICT shuttle @ 202-906-0697.

There's also street parking in the neighborhood on 12th and 13th.

Hope to see you there!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 01:07:00 pm »
 (...) shuttle service between Union Station and Rock and Roll Hotel is available. Schedule 30 minutes in advance with ATLAS DISTRICT shuttle @ 202-906-0697.

is there a fee for this shuttle, or is the venue/promoter footing the tab?

great idea, this shuttle thing.  i hate having to drive on a friday night, especially to an unknown neighborhood.  brilliant!
<sig>

Whycontrol

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 02:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

(...) shuttle service between Union Station and Rock and Roll Hotel is available. Schedule 30 minutes in advance with ATLAS DISTRICT shuttle @ 202-906-0697.

is there a fee for this shuttle, or is the venue/promoter footing the tab?

great idea, this shuttle thing.  i hate having to drive on a friday night, especially to an unknown neighborhood.  brilliant! [/b]
The shuttle is FREE, but one has to schedule a pick up in advance. The H Street venues have joined forces to pay for the on-call cab.

Fritz Hahn said it best in his piece on H Street nightlife in today's Weekend section of the Post so I'll quote him here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/07/AR2006090700385.html

"the owners of the Argonaut, the Red & the Black, Showbar Presents the Palace of Wonders and the Rock and Roll Hotel hit upon their own solution: the Atlas Courtesy Shuttle. From 10 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., they've reserved a cab that offers customers a free one-way ride from any of their bars to Union Station. Phone numbers are posted in each venue; just give the shuttle's friendly driver a call when you're ready to leave, and you'll usually be on your way in less than 15 minutes. Even better: The service is run by Ecocabs, which uses an environmentally friendly Prius hybrid."

Whycontrol

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 02:37:00 pm »
To clarify, the shuttle will also pick you up at Union Station and drop you off at Rock and Roll Hotel. At the end of the evening, the shuttle will drop you off at Union Station for Red line, Eastern Market for Blue and Orange line, or Chinatown for Green and Yellow lines. The shuttle is free but don't forget to tip your driver well!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 02:49:00 pm »
Can't make it out tonight but applaud them for allowing us to choose which Metro Station to go at the end of the evening...
T.Rex

Whycontrol

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 02:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  Can't make it out tonight but applaud them for allowing us to choose which Metro Station to go at the end of the evening...
I know! I was very pleasantly surprised to hear that just today from the shuttle service driver himself. Tonight is the first time this is going into effect. Please be patient folks if you opt to call the driver and my suggestion would be to allow plenty of advance time to get to the club and back.