Author Topic: 9:30, Seth nominated at Pollstar's Concert Industry Awa  (Read 3208 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: 9:30, Seth nominated at Pollstar's Concert Industry Awa
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 02:05:00 pm »
Shame this isn't televised (that I'm aware of). This would make for a great forum party.

distance

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 02:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

7. NIGHTCLUB OF THE YEAR
 9:30 Club (Washington, DC)
 Bowery Ballroom (New York, NY)
 Commodore Ballroom (Vancouver, BC)
 House of Blues (Chicago, IL)
 Nokia Theatre Times Square (New York, NY)
 The Wiltern (Los Angeles, CA)

i've been to 930, bowery and nokia and 930 is the best out of the three that i've been to.  bowery is pretty crappy with very little room to get around inside.
 the nokia theater is a nice place but it's got an incredibly stale atmosphere.  it's like a hotel lobby or movie theater or something.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 04:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by distance:

7. NIGHTCLUB OF THE YEAR
 9:30 Club (Washington, DC)
 Bowery Ballroom (New York, NY)
 Commodore Ballroom (Vancouver, BC)
 House of Blues (Chicago, IL)
 Nokia Theatre Times Square (New York, NY)
 The Wiltern (Los Angeles, CA)

i've been to 930, bowery and nokia and 930 is the best out of the three that i've been to.  bowery is pretty crappy with very little room to get around inside.
 the nokia theater is a nice place but it's got an incredibly stale atmosphere.  it's like a hotel lobby or movie theater or something. [/b]
ive been to all 3 as well, but i really wonder if you made it past the bar at the bowery. because bowery ballroom is not that tiny of a place. if its a sell-out yeah, you can barely move, but 9:30 club isnt much better when its jam packed. there is also the upstairs as well, with tables/chairs which is a great place for some shows. and for the most part, the sound is almost always great. and they also serve 180 which i like a lot more than red bull   :D  

i like the 9:30 just as much, before anyone decides im a snobby new yorker, and still try and support as many DC shows as I can. i cant say i have a favorite, as i prefer even smaller venues, but they all have their own charm.
HeyLa

distance

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 05:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  ive been to all 3 as well, but i really wonder if you made it past the bar at the bowery. because bowery ballroom is not that tiny of a place. if its a sell-out yeah, you can barely move, but 9:30 club isnt much better when its jam packed. there is also the upstairs as well, with tables/chairs which is a great place for some shows. and for the most part, the sound is almost always great.
nah, the sound wasn't bad @ bowery, but i didn't like the atmosphere.  i've been there a few times now and i haven't enjoyed the venue all that much.  the upstairs area was totally packed once the show was going (and i've been in there from when doors opened for a show when it was less crowded).  i didn't say that the bowery was small.. it just seemed to me like there was less room in the... usable space.

staff @ 930 have also been more courteous to me in my experience there than any of my trips to the bowery (and i've had some sort of issue every single time @ bowery, even if minor).

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 05:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shadrach:
  Merriweather has also been nominated for Best Major Outdoor Concert Venue.
its cause they have such a great, wonderful, professional, helpful and attractive staff there!!

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 05:48:00 pm »
  i would have expected a goatee'd hipster to have complained by now about how these awards are a meaningless corporate circle-jerk organized BY DA MAN.

i resemble that remark!!!