Author Topic: suggestions for people who aren't from around DC  (Read 4866 times)

Bags

Re: suggestions for people who aren't from around DC
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2005, 12:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  No doubt you are less intelligent than us
than WE, "No doubt you are less intelligent than we"

There's an implied verb "are" at the end of the clause calling for the pronoun to be a subject.

PigIron

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2005, 12:36:00 pm »
  I agree.

You probably wear denim shorts to your knees, or beyond, have a gut hanging over them, and think that the best restuarant in town is Applebees. No doubt you are less intelligent than us, less attractive, and less important. Next time you go on vacation, please take your fat ass to New York City and get up early for the Today Show concert and then go climb the Empire State Building and jump the fuck off. We appreciate your tourist dollars, but we'd appreciate it more if you just mailed us a check and stayed in fucking Kentucky.

Go Home
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Very, very mean.  And I doubt the person to whom this was directed deserved his.  However, very funny and possibly an idea for the DC Chamber of Commerce when designing advertisements.

smakawhat

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2005, 01:31:00 pm »
of course you will.  and you should.

Allergy shots are a requirement here, god dam pollen is atrocious!!!

walkonby

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2005, 02:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by BadSushi:
  I think some of that "sense of the absurd" from walkonby is rubbing off of me...I'm tired of the "is it safe" questions.  Freekin' shoppers are getting stabbed in Nordstroms in wealthy suburbs, for christ's sake. I avoided Nation's for several years cause I kept reading here about the dangerous neighborhood.  I went last week.  Okay, it's a dump off a major highway, and I saw a couple rats where I wished they weren't...I did not sense DANGER and I used to be an inner (DC) city dweller before gentrification was even a word...  :roll:  
thank you, thank you.  i do rubbings-off at eight next to the foggy bottom metro station.  the key to dc, is to appear absolutely crazy.  make homeless people afraid to ask you for money.  walking around downtown, taking hits off n2o balloons helps, too.  

nobody bothers me . . . nobody bothers me, either.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2005, 03:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

No doubt you are less intelligent than us
than WE, "No doubt you are less intelligent than we"

There's an implied verb "are" at the end of the clause calling for the pronoun to be a subject. [/b]
Than piss, "No doubt you are less intelligent than piss"

SPARX

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2005, 03:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
 nobody bothers me . . . nobody bothers me, either. [/QB]
Didn't the guy who coined that phrase end up bludgeoned to death?

walkonby

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

nobody bothers me . . . nobody bothers me, either. [/b]
Didn't the guy who coined that phrase end up bludgeoned to death? [/QB]
i think i did hear that somewhere.  how sad.  then i heard that people were scared to say that outloud, even as joke, for fear of "amusing" retaliation.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2005, 04:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by PigIron:

I agree.

You probably wear denim shorts to your knees, or beyond, have a gut hanging over them, and think that the best restuarant in town is Applebees. No doubt you are less intelligent than us, less attractive, and less important. Next time you go on vacation, please take your fat ass to New York City and get up early for the Today Show concert and then go climb the Empire State Building and jump the fuck off. We appreciate your tourist dollars, but we'd appreciate it more if you just mailed us a check and stayed in fucking Kentucky.

Go Home
Very, very mean.  And I doubt the person to whom this was directed deserved his.  However, very funny and possibly an idea for the DC Chamber of Commerce when designing advertisements. [/b]
Rhett's just being sarcastic.....he's just taking the piss of the holier than thou city dwellers that usually chime in on these sorts of threads.  He lives in Springfield...I think.  That's like Applbees central out there.  

I was born and raised in arlington myself and after spending my late teens and most of my 20s in RVa and Philidelphia came back.  I'm here for good now, although the missus and I talk about moving to DC when the kids are out of school.  My hood has some great free schools.  When we're old and gray we could trade in our little house for a bumpin condo downtown......

Sir HC

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2005, 04:42:00 pm »

nobody bothers me . . . nobody bothers me, either. [/b]
Didn't the guy who coined that phrase end up bludgeoned to death? [/b]
i think i did hear that somewhere.  how sad.  then i heard that people were scared to say that outloud, even as joke, for fear of "amusing" retaliation. [/QB]
Joon Rhee!  Thought he was just beaten up by someone.  "Try Joon Rhee's Self-Defense, and then you too will say 'Nobody bothers mee'..."

SPARX

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2005, 04:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
 [Joon Rhee!  Thought he was just beaten up by someone.  "Try Joon Rhee's Self-Defense, and then you too will say 'Nobody bothers mee'..." [/QB]
Not sure,I'm thinking he was murdered outside of his business.Anybody remember this?

ggw

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2005, 05:07:00 pm »
 Not sure,I'm thinking he was murdered outside of his business.Anybody remember this?
Alive and well.
 And apparently Republican

SPARX

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2005, 05:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Alive and well.
 And apparently Republican [/b]
He must of survived the attack.I remember seeing all of his "nobody bothers me" ads back in the day and then heard he was attacked.I thought it quite ironic at the time.