Author Topic: A Perfect Circle - Worth it?  (Read 1818 times)

Summerteeth

A Perfect Circle - Worth it?
« on: March 30, 2004, 05:30:00 pm »
Show of hands, please?

Is A Perfect Circle worth the $40-some price (at the Patriot Center)

I quite enjoy the albums, but I'm not sold on driving an hour to a venue that I don't remember too fondly.  Although, that was some time ago.

Thanks to anyone who helps out.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: A Perfect Circle - Worth it?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 05:40:00 pm »
They play a sub-70 minute set without encores. Not worth it even if you like their material.

helicon1

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 05:50:00 pm »
I disagree. I saw them in Memphis in November and they were incredible. Great light show and their live show was more solid than the "Mer de Noms" tour. They did an AC/DC cover as an encore (I forgot which song)with Billy Howerdel on drums. Iha and Twiggy stayed on stage and jammed while the crew was unloading the stage. quite funny. They were great.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 06:18:00 pm »
the only time I've ever seen them was when I was at a taping of the Tonight Show back in 2000...they sounded great, but that's hardly the place to judge. I've heard good things though. You used to be able to get some great Tool and APC live stuff for free off of http://www.musicbug.com, but the site appears to be down at the moment. You might have better luck if you try later. I got a great Queens of the Stone Age boot off of there a while back.

Summerteeth

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 06:53:00 pm »
The contrast of those first two posts was exactly what I feared, but keep them coming.

Was the sub 70-minute set at a radio festival or that pre-album release 9:30 club concert?

For that matter, where was the concert where they did do an encore?

Santos L. Halper

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 07:48:00 pm »
If it helps, which it should, the opener for APC is Burning Brides.

Darth Ed

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 08:25:00 pm »
Encores are planned anyway. I'm kind of sick of them. I find it very refreshing that APC doesn't do encores. I went to the APC concert at the 9:30 Club last year, and it was excellent.