Author Topic: Sexsmith & Kerr  (Read 1115 times)

eltee

Sexsmith & Kerr
« on: September 09, 2005, 01:13:00 pm »
Yesterday eve at Jammin Java? Who went?
 Regrettably, I couldn't attend.

Bartelby

Re: Sexsmith & Kerr
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 01:27:00 pm »
Unfortunately, I didn't make it either.  Will I see you tonight at JamminJ's Kenin show?  They made #3 readers pic in a recent Wash. Post poll, so it may sell out...and since I caught the Wren's last go-round, I picked Kenin.  Missing you, Sugar!

bellenseb

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 01:30:00 pm »
D'oh, completely forgot about this show. Although, not to thrilled about the new album either - I thought Kerr's vocals only got in the way of Sexsmith's rather than building interesting harmonies, and the songs are a bit too pat and contemporary-folky.
 Sexsmith's show at Iota last year was great though.

eltee

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 01:43:00 pm »
Thanks for the review. Perhaps they will show at SXSW? Yes, that show at Iota was great. I'm hoping they might think to come back around after the mid-west.(?) (wishful thinking maybe)
 I'd love to check the Wrens, not sure I can make it. I'm not really big on Kenin's music. However, they have shown me good support, so I may return the favor.
 I'm excited to see Bethany Yarrow at JJ tomorrow. You should head to that show.
 Out of all three shows at Jammin Java, Sexsmith should have been the one I attended.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »
What show were you at? The one at Jammin Java was postponed.

Thursday September 8 $12 8PM pop/rock
 Ron Sexsmith and Don Kerr plus Anna Egge POSTPONED! STAY TUNED FOR RESCHEDULED SHOW.

www.jamminjava.com

Edit: I guess you were talking about the album, not the show.

Originally posted by bellenseb:
  D'oh, completely forgot about this show. Although, not to thrilled about the new album either - I thought Kerr's vocals only got in the way of Sexsmith's rather than building interesting harmonies, and the songs are a bit too pat and contemporary-folky.
 Sexsmith's show at Iota last year was great though.

eltee

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 05:45:00 pm »
Thanks for the update Rhett. Had I checked the site I would have been more informed.