Author Topic: Is ANYONE going to Wilco tonight?  (Read 3493 times)

anichka

Re: Is ANYONE going to Wilco tonight?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 05:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by challenged:
  I liked the show.  Lucked out and bought dead center pit tickets a few days prior to the show.  

I have never been that close to a band during a show.  Its actually a little awkward to be that close.  Not complaining, though.

Did they just not put the Loge on sale?  That seemed odd.  The lawn was fairly full, but the loge was nearly completely vacant.
I had purchased two tix, center section, row W, but when I found out that I was going alone, I ended up snagging a better ticket (row AAA). I didn't find anyone to buy my other two tickets, so those seats were presumably empty.

I agree, it was a little awkward, though I have been in closer proximity in smaller venues. It was a little distracting to have the lights flashing in my eyes all the time & for the camera guy to be running back & forth in front. Regardless, I was just happy to be there.

Darth Ed

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 11:16:00 am »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
 It looked like there were at least three individuals who recorded the show. Hopefully one of those recordings will show up at  http://bt.etree.org/?search=wilco&cat=0  in the next couple of days.
FYI, two different recordings of the show have been posted.

twelsh737

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  I was there. Row U, reserved section. Reserved as in people who don't applaud or dance much. I got the impression that a lot of the people I was sitting around had never been to a Wilco concert before or any concert at all for many years.
That is funny. A co-worker of mine just told me how great the show was and how he liked it a lot better then the last show at 9:30 that I got him tickets to. When I asked why he said- "it was great because I had seats in row U and could sit down and just close my eyes while they played. It was a lot better then at the 9:30."

Note to self- don't hook him up with any more tickets.