Author Topic: Looking to Sell CDs  (Read 1283 times)

Jagernaut

Looking to Sell CDs
« on: April 02, 2004, 05:06:00 pm »
I've got some CDs I want to get rid of.  Are there any stores around here that buy used CDs?

Medusa

Re: Looking to Sell CDs
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 05:10:00 pm »
Try CD Warehouse and Smash! in Georgetown and/or CD Cellar in Falls Church.  I have had good luck with those places.

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

Jagernaut

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 05:14:00 pm »
Excellent, thanks!  I'll check them out.  I was worried that I was going to have to resort to hanging them from my rear-view mirror.  Or perhaps sharpening them into 'I Come In Peace'-style disc weapons....

hemisphire

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 07:30:00 pm »
I get much better money selling on half.com, but YMMV.

Ikarus

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 02:02:00 pm »
try the cd/game exchange near asylum on 18th st.

Jaguär

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 02:14:00 pm »
Or you can always take a jaunt to Baltimore and go to either one of the Record & Tape Traders, CD Depot, or better yet, Soundgarden in Fells Point. If you have or are looking for a lot of Hardcore, try Reptilian Records in Fells Point. Don't know if they have a used section but I have a feeling they do. Hardcore isn't my thing but I know that's the place to go for that type of music. Could make a day of it between Reptilian and Soundgarden, both within easy walking distance. Top the night off with seeing a show at Flecther's.

I've never sold any CDs so I don't know who gives the better prices. Soundgarden tends to have the better prices for buying and more selections but it really all depends on what you're looking for and when you hit either store. Both are pretty good. Sonick can give you the lowdown about selling at R&TTs.

Captain Jack

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 08:02:00 pm »
CD/Game Exchange in Adams Morgan, Tenleytown, College Park, Rockville, and Silver Spring.

I'd reccomend 'em. I hear they do good trades (for cash or store credit) and have entertaining employees.