Author Topic: Squeeze set list from 8/21 anyone???  (Read 854 times)

hijinksandsue

Squeeze set list from 8/21 anyone???
« on: August 22, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »
Hey there ... just wondering if anyone happened to be at the Squeeze show Thursday and either had a set list or remembered what the first encore they played was? It was not something I recognized ... (the second and third were "Slap and Tickle" and "Pulling Mussels ...")

Many thanks in advance ...

BTW, the DJ set pre-opening act was especially good AND the opener, The Spring Standards, was one of the best bands I've heard in years ... and by far my favorite "opening band I'd never heard before that night" I've seen in almost 40 years of concerts.

serpent boy

Re: Squeeze set list from 8/21 anyone???
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »
I was there. Great set! I had never seen Squeeze before, and I went with my parents, who had raised me on Squeeze.

The encore was "Some Fantastic Place" into "Slap and Tickle" and "Pulling Mussels."

I don't have the full setlist, but they played everything I had wanted to hear. I'll try to remember the setlist later tonight.

hijinksandsue

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »
Thank you SO much, Serpent Boy!

I brought my teenage daughter who is ALSO into Squeeze (I have been a fan since high school and am not sure why I didn't know "Some Fantastic Place" ... I knew almost every song!)... I saw a lot of multi-generational groups which I thought was pretty awesome ...

Am going to go download "Some Fantastic Place" and "Melody Motel" now. Don't have either of those on my iTunes ...

The only song I would have loved to hear that they didn't play (and I didn't expect anyway) was "Yap Yap Yap."

serpent boy

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »
So here's what I could come up with (just in case there's another song or two you didn't recognize). If you know what the mellow one was toward the end of the main set, let me know!

Strong In Reason
 If I Didn't Love You
 Revue
 Up the Junction
 Take Me, I'm Yours
 Separate Beds
 Black Coffee In Bed
 Piccadilly
 Annie Get Your Gun
 Goodbye Girl
 Tempted
 Melody Motel
 ?
 Slaughtered, Gutted, and Heartbroken
 Is That Love
 Cool For Cats
 Another Nail In My Heart
 Hourglass
 ---
 Some Fantastic Place
 Slap and Tickle
 Pulling Muscles From the Shell

That's so cool to hear that your daughter is into Squeeze, too! They're such a great band, and I'm glad the club had such a diverse group of people age-wise. My dad had always said that if Difford and Tilbrook tour again together, we've got to go!