Author Topic: Check out this band.....  (Read 1395 times)

Frank Gallagher

Check out this band.....
« on: December 30, 2006, 02:25:00 pm »
The Frank & Walters.

They've been around for years but can't get any recognition outside of Ireland...actually outside of Cork!

Bressner may be able to back me up on them...they're not the next U2 (thank God) but are definately worth checking out, some of you may enjoy them.

http://www.thefrankandwalters.ie/

brennser

Re: Check out this band.....
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 03:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  The Frank & Walters.

They've been around for years but can't get any recognition outside of Ireland...actually outside of Cork!

Bressner may be able to back me up on them...they're not the next U2 (thank God) but are definately worth checking out, some of you may enjoy them.

http://www.thefrankandwalters.ie/
been a fan for years mankie - great band and nice to see they're making music again after a break of a few years - their early stuff is just magnificent...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:54:00 pm »
I first ran across The Frank & Walters oh, maybe 7 or 8 years ago. This was back when MSN use to have this really cool set up linked up with I think Amazon or some online music seller where you could listen to all kinds of music and create playlists of your own. It was very similiar to what Last.FM does yet different. I found them on MSN and placed them on my playlist and really liked them. Unfortunately, MSN dropped their radio, I think they called it, altogether and there went my playlists.

Someone else just mentioned them very recently and I can't remember if it was on one of my other sites or maybe here, possibly in the Tower Records thread. I kind of think that someone was lucky enough to find one going out of business cheap.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 11:38:00 am »
Any recommendations where to start with them?  I assume the "Best of..." wouldn't be a bad choice.

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 12:07:00 pm »
I am partial to their self-titled album from sometime in the early to mid-nineties which includes songs like Daisy Chain and World Carries On

brennser

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 04:54:00 pm »
yeah early stuff is the best - they have a new album out but I haven't listened to it yet - single is on emusic and is decent

Grand Parade is excellent also, a completely under-rated pop/power pop gem

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 11:09:00 am »
Thanks.