Author Topic: Ed Harcourt Roll Call  (Read 1134 times)

brennser

Ed Harcourt Roll Call
« on: April 25, 2005, 11:48:00 am »
Anyone going to Iota tonight to see Ed play 'the big music'?

I'll be there (thanks redsock!)   :D

Mongo

Re: Ed Harcourt Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 12:10:00 pm »
I'll defnitely be there.  Anyone know if he's touring with a full band or just an acoustic type thing?

brennser

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
Apparently it will be a duo -- Ed on piano/guitar and a second guitar player, so definitely stripped down versions of most songs.

lily1

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 07:23:00 pm »
i'll be there as well. haven't seen him since he opened for neil finn in 2002.

brennser

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 08:51:00 am »
I didn't see you lily - I was at the back of the room sitting on one of the coveted stools

really great show by ed last night - I'd only been listening to his stuff for a few days and wondered how it would sound as a duo but they really pulled it off

thought the opener was quite good too

Mongo

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 12:36:00 pm »
It was definitely an "intimate" show.  Almost too initmate to the point where stage banter seemed extremely uncomfortable and he made it apparent that he could not wait to get back to Jolly ol' England.  Musically the show was fantastic though.  He can definitely hold his own acoustically but I couldn't help but imagine how good last night would have sounded with a full band backing him up.  It's kind of a shame that this guy who has shit loads of talent and such a mature song writing ability doesn't appeal to more people.  Maybe he just needs a strategically placed song in a Hugh Grant movie or a guest appearance on the OC to gain some more exposure.

ledererk

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 01:05:00 pm »
I really liked his stripped-down sound last night, moreso than the stuff on the albums, though I love that too.  Ed was definitely worth the trip across the river, and I didn't even get murdered by a gang of marauding confederates like I thought I would!  I was sad that more people didn't show up to see him though.