Author Topic: Book: Epstein Got His Gay On With Beatle  (Read 3017 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Book: Epstein Got His Gay On With Beatle
« on: April 25, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »
Book: Epstein Got His Gay On With Beatle
 Apr 21, 2005

An upcoming book alleges Beatles manager Brian Epstein had a homosexual affair with one of the Fab Four.

The book, There's a Beatle in My Closet, is being written by Epstein's former assistant, Joanne Peterson. In a stroke of marketing genius, which is sure to be shattered once advance copies are sent out, Peterson won't reveal exactly which Beatle the manager "went backstage with" outside the book's pages. Because of the chummy relationship between Epstein, who died of an overdose in 1967, and John Lennon, most Beatles-watchers are betting Epstein knew John about as well as Yoko did.

It's common knowledge Epstein was an out-of-closet homosexual.

http://aversion.com/news/news_article.cfm?news_id=4175
(o|o)

sonickteam

Re: Book: Epstein Got His Gay On With Beatle
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 12:40:00 pm »
I thought this thread was going to be about Theo Epstein and Manny Ramirez....

Venerable Bede

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 12:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by white man from town:
  I thought this thread was going to be about Theo Epstein and Manny Ramirez....
i thought millar was the obvious gay one. . .
OU812

MFR

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 12:43:00 pm »
dear mr. kotter,
 epstein can't come to class today because he is on fire island w/ ringo.
 signed,
 epstein's mother

ggw

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 12:44:00 pm »
It's Brady Anderson.

J'Mal

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 01:54:00 pm »
was this before or after he slept with abraham lincoln?

Jaguär

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 12:35:00 am »
Oh, this is such old, old news! It's definitely John Lennon and it was in someone else's book years ago, I think back in the mid 80s. Maybe that Goldman, or something like that, guy who was bashed for writing this in his book on The Beatles. Supposedly, John was curious and went off on a tryst with him to Spain or somewhere like that. Not sure how long it lasted. There were other accusations too but, of course, I have no idea how valid they are.

Taster

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 09:36:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Oh, this is such old, old news! It's definitely John Lennon and it was in someone else's book years ago, I think back in the mid 80s. Maybe that Goldman, or something like that, guy who was bashed for writing this in his book on The Beatles. Supposedly, John was curious and went off on a tryst with him to Spain or somewhere like that. Not sure how long it lasted. There were other accusations too but, of course, I have no idea how valid they are.
Mentioned in The Love You Make by Peter Brown.

Bags

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 09:40:00 am »
There was a movie about it as well...

THE HOURS AND TIMES
 U.K. film.

Beatles manager Brian Epstein had a fancy for John Lennon. According to all sources, it never went beyond a platonic stage with Lennon keeping his smitten manager at an awkward distance. This film is a fictionalization of the actual trip Epstein and Beatle John took alone together to Barcelona, Spain in April 1963. David Angus, Ian Hart, Stephanie Pack, Robin McDonald, Unity Grimwood, David Loeb.

Taster

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 01:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  There was a movie about it as well...

THE HOURS AND TIMES
 U.K. film.

Beatles manager Brian Epstein had a fancy for John Lennon. According to all sources, it never went beyond a platonic stage with Lennon keeping his smitten manager at an awkward distance. This film is a fictionalization of the actual trip Epstein and Beatle John took alone together to Barcelona, Spain in April 1963. David Angus, Ian Hart, Stephanie Pack, Robin McDonald, Unity Grimwood, David Loeb.
Is this movie any good?

Bags

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 01:48:00 pm »
From what I remember, not really.  Too 'indie' -- black and white, 'important,' know what I mean?

Taster

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 08:57:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  From what I remember, not really.  Too 'indie' -- black and white, 'important,' know what I mean?
I do, I do.