Author Topic: Peter Murphy  (Read 2109 times)

Frank Gallagher

Peter Murphy
« on: April 27, 2005, 08:43:00 am »
Go see him, you won't regret it.

bearman🐻

Re: Peter Murphy
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 09:22:00 am »
I was planning on it  :)

Bags

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 10:56:00 am »
Yet another show I'm out of town for, and quite sad about....

WhiskeyPoet

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 03:00:00 pm »
He was kick ass when he came in on the Dust tour.  I'm heart broken that I'm going to be out of town for this one.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 09:48:00 am »
Anyone go last night? I had a really great time...Peter dedicated "Indigo Eyes" to my friend that I was with (well...his friend too). Got to say hello to him after the show, it was pretty darn cool. "The Sweetest Drop" was killer, great guitar solo. Overall a solid performance...some of the new songs better than others, but he really does have a different stage persona solo vs. Bauhaus, and how can you not love his voice? All in all, a very fun night.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 11:35:00 am »
How is old Murphs looking these days? From the few times I've seen him live, it seemed he got healthier looking with age....not unlike his idol, Bowie.

Dandy01

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 12:22:00 pm »
I had a great time as well.  I enjoyed the 2 encores, esp. the first where he started off with A Strange Kind of Love.  I would've liked to have heard Subway, All Night Long and Marlene Dietrich but he has a lot of material to cull from.  I liked the outfit and hair changes; he came out looking slick with combed back hair and satiny shirt.  He was also great with the crowd and I was pleasantly surprised to see people dancing.

Dandy01

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  How is old Murphs looking these days? From the few times I've seen him live, it seemed he got healthier looking with age....not unlike his idol, Bowie.
He did bring up Bowie, stating he was not afraid of Americans and did not talk like this (baritone imitation).  He also joked he looks better now than he did then.  His bleached blond strands were somewhat disheveled but he seemed in good shape while gyrating around the stage with his bamboo stick.