Author Topic: New Morrissey song: Irish blood English heart  (Read 1225 times)

markie

New Morrissey song: Irish blood English heart
« on: April 06, 2004, 01:44:00 pm »
Any thoughts?

Its getting played on WOXY right now. I think its pretty poor, just like most of the other solo stuff. I dont hear any great return to form.

Bags

Re: New Morrissey song: Irish blood English heart
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 01:46:00 pm »
Interrupted Air America to check out Morrissey, but I missed it.  I did get to WOXY in time for Sleater-Kinney, though.  Nice.  I'll listen to WOXY after Franken; bet I hear it eventually....

Just heard
 FRANK JORDAN - FUMBLE
 Album: Milk The Thrills

That's the name of the band.  DUMB.  Franz Ferdinand is a historical figure; Frank Jordan is just a dude's name.  But no one in the band.

Jaguär

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 12:45:00 am »
I kind of like Frank Jordan, at least the newer songs like "Looked Around". Some of the older works were just boring, same old same old bar room light weight fake Blues songs. The newer ones are more Psychedelia (lite) but kind of good.

Bags

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 06:46:00 pm »
MORRISSEY launches a new website today (April 19), in support of his new album 'YOU ARE THE QUARRY'.

The website, youarethequarry.net, will feature three tracks per week from the forthcoming album for fans listen to, and features news on all TV and press appearances, as well as info on the releases and B-sides.

Morrissey, who has been confirmed to headline this year's Move festival in July, releases 'You Are The Quarry' on May 17, preceded by the single 'Irish Blood, English Heart' on May 10.

-edit-
 FYI, it's only one minute clips from the album tracks, and you have to sign up for the email.

mankie

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 07:49:00 pm »
I already gave my review on the song a couple of weeks ago.

I like it, as will most Moz fans, but it won't get him any new fans.

Markie just feels jilted because Moz never phoned him after 'the kiss'.  ;)

Bags

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 11:21:00 pm »
I didn't like the other "one minute snippet" I heard of two other songs....I'm not optimistic about the album as a whole, but we'll see.  I did like the single when I heard it at DC9 *loud* and dance-y.