Author Topic: C'mon Seth, why the Shipping charge on Parking?  (Read 6007 times)

sonickteam2

Re: C'mon Seth, why the Shipping charge on Parking?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2005, 10:28:00 am »
Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
  metro starting requiring the cards for parking less than a year ago, so its relatively new. i knew that and live in baltimore.
do you want a cookie?

eltee

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2005, 10:29:00 am »
Originally posted by Arlette:

Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  did you order the parking along with tix?

if so, was there a seperate shipping charge?
Well, lesson learned, I guess:  Decide about parking when purchasing tickets. [/b]
I buy often buy parking tickets online as a single purchase. I assumed this was a fee that is not up for debate.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2005, 04:35:00 am »
if the parking is a seperate transaction, there is a seperate transaction charge

as much as we'd like to, we just can't seem to find any ticketing company that will do this all for free

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2005, 08:10:00 am »

bobcat1

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2005, 10:06:00 pm »
I was just talking about this today...it just seems unreasonable to be charged a shipping charge for parking, especially if you order tickets the day of the show & you get charged for "willcall" shipping.

Arlette

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  if the parking is a seperate transaction, there is a seperate transaction charge

as much as we'd like to, we just can't seem to find any ticketing company that will do this all for free
It's not about free, I understand they and you need to make money.  They are taking the $2.00 service charge and the $3.50 "shipping", same fees as the regular ticket.  Since parking is a separate event, they can charge a lesser fee.  Most online ticket companies use a sliding scale, not flat fees regardless of the price of the event.  

If you really agree that $5.50 is too much of an add-on for parking, you can tell tickets.com to lower their fees.

bellenseb

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2005, 10:39:00 am »
I think a lot of the frustration comes from the all the little fees: processing fee, handling fee, shipping fee, building fee... if they would just quote the overall add-on cost as one fee, I think people would be less annoyed.

sonickteam2

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2005, 10:44:00 am »
Originally posted by bellenseb:
  I think a lot of the frustration comes from the all the little fees: processing fee, handling fee, shipping fee, building fee... if they would just quote the overall add-on cost as one fee, I think people would be less annoyed.
i completely agree and this is what I've been saying all along!! jeez.  

its like, if the tickets are $20 and then you tack on $8 of fees, people bitch and moan, but if the tickets were $28 , people would shut up.

i dont see why this doesnt happen.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2005, 10:50:00 am »
because people would still complain....  and why should people who buy tickets at the boxoffice pay the same as those you order over the internet.
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2005, 10:50:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:
  its like, if the tickets are $20 and then you tack on $8 of fees, people bitch and moan, but if the tickets were $28 , people would shut up.

i dont see why this doesnt happen.
you're joking, right?

would you rather have a show listed as $20/25, $20 at the box office and $25 from tickets.com?
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
yeah! why the hell not?  no, people should pay less at the box office, but why not state it like that? i see nothing stupid about it. that way, its clear to see the money one would save or spend extra depending on how they got tickets.

when we threw "rave" parties we would always have 2 prices, one for advance tix, one for buying tix at the door.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2005, 11:11:00 am »
well how about those people who will get confused by two different prices
T.Rex

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2005, 11:21:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  would you rather have a show listed as $20/25, $20 at the box office and $25 from tickets.com?
I'd rather the listed price reflect how much money actually needs to come out of my wallet to buy a ticket.

sonickteam2

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  well how about those people who will get confused by two different prices
they pay the higher of the two...  :)