Author Topic: Scissor Sisters boycotted by Trans World  (Read 2084 times)

Vas Deferens

Scissor Sisters boycotted by Trans World
« on: September 22, 2006, 01:26:00 pm »
To: All Stores, Store Managers, Regional Managers, Carl Mello/Newbury Comics@Newbuxy Comics, Amy Dorfman/Newbuxy Comics@Newbuxy Comics, Marketing, Rhiannon Alsheimer/Newbuxy Comics@Newbuxy Comics, Lisa Fehl-Parrette/Newbuxy Comics@Newbuxy Comics
 cc: wayne.chernin@umusxc.com
 Subject: Re: Scissor Sisters

Hey everyone! The Scissor Sisters hit #1 in the U.K. singles charts a week or two ago. They apparently pissed off transworld with an accurate comment about FYE pricing on the stage at NARM. So it seems transworld/strawberries/fye/sam goody is boycotting their new release....

This reminds me of when Strawberries pulled Husker Du for a YEAR for doing a Newbury in-store 20 years ago...... Fuck 'em!!

Let's try to go all out on this JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT! Get some in store play copies and play 'em please! They're fun. Sparks with a beat...

Amy- use the empty "DVD" windows maybe for this for next week? Just give it to 'em please, if not taken - no $$. thanks.

cheers, mike
(_|_)

ratioci nation

Re: Scissor Sisters boycotted by Trans World
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 01:40:00 pm »
interesting, I am also boycotting their new release

nkotb

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 01:51:00 pm »
Homophobia is gay, pollard.

Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  interesting, I am also boycotting their new release

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 02:03:00 pm »
Hey, even I don't really care for the Scissor Sisters. I mean, they're OK, but every time I hear one of their songs it just sounds like Elton John to me.

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 02:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Hey, even I don't really care for the Scissor Sisters. I mean, they're OK, but every time I hear one of their songs it just sounds like Elton John to me.
Elton John guests on the new CD. Go figure.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 02:59:00 pm »
you dont like Elton John?

bearman🐻

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 03:05:00 pm »
Yeah, but even SS's older stuff sounds like Sir Elton. You know, I can tolerate a few of his songs, but I've never really liked him. One of my best friends would kill me for saying that. He's just not my bag...though I loved his appearance on Little Britain when he was being interviewed by Daffyd, the only Gay in the Village.

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 03:06:00 pm »
I'll go on record as saying I hate Elton John, though it has nothing to do with his sexuality.

Then again, I hate everyone, so nevermind.

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 03:42:00 pm »
  Yeah, but even SS's older stuff sounds like Sir Elton. You know, I can tolerate a few of his songs, but I've never really liked him. One of my best friends would kill me for saying that. He's just not my bag...though I loved his appearance on Little Britain when he was being interviewed by Daffyd, the only Gay in the Village.
little b. is the funniest show to come out of britian . . . since ab. fab., which was the funniest . . . since the young ones . . . since monty p. . . . since parliment (in general).