Author Topic: 9:30 club mentioned by GOG on washington post again  (Read 889 times)

twelsh737

9:30 club mentioned by GOG on washington post again
« on: May 19, 2005, 04:21:00 pm »
Today's chat:
 Washington, D.C.: Hi Gurus...I have a question regarding concert tix. It seems that every time I try to buy tickets, I'm always too late and wind up with terrible seats. One particular concert I'm trying to get tickets for goes on sale tomorrow, but I just noticed they are doing a presale through 9:30 club and you need a password. How do I get "in the know" for these sort of things? Do you have any tips? I don't hang out at clubs or anything, I just like going to the occassional concert and am tired of being relegated to the "cheap seats".

Joe: I think we answered this a couple of weeks ago, but happy to revisit it. It's easy enough to sign up for emails from your favorite venues including the 9:30, the Birchmere, and others around the area. This will also allow you access to pre sales and will probably give you the most immediate information about shows when they are announced. You can also check out the web sites of your favorite bands to be added to their mailing lists as well. That usually takes about two minutes, so it's not that much of a hassle. Another great site for concert information is pollstar.com.

Is there anyway you could perma-link this so we don't keep getting that "what's the password" thread?

Re: 9:30 club mentioned by GOG on washington post again
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 04:24:00 pm »
My guru say Yo' welcome

ewriter3

Re: 9:30 club mentioned by GOG on washington post again
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 07:25:00 pm »
I agree but I have  tried to sign up for the newsletter 5+ times and it seems impossible to get added...

I was on there for a while and they I got removed and now back to square one...