Author Topic: like, oh my god....  (Read 1431 times)

walkonby

like, oh my god....
« on: May 19, 2005, 08:37:00 pm »
i've never performed the google game, because i don't know why, but i just did to my name walkonby, and discovered that britney spears has a song called walk on by.  

can you change your name and keep your precious, numbered rank?  or do you have to re-register from scratch?

Bartelby

Re: like, oh my god....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 09:43:00 pm »
I think I speak for many other board members when I say we'll NEVER confuse you with Britney, her songs, her lifestyle or any aspect of her life on planet earth...so don't sweat the small stuff...our unique friend, walkonby.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 10:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by BadSushi:
  I think I speak for many other board members when I say we'll NEVER confuse you with Britney
I don't know.   I find them equally unintelligible and living in some world of their own making....    :cool:

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 10:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  can you change your name and keep your precious, numbered rank?  or do you have to re-register from scratch?
My Profile (at the top) => View/Change Profile => Publicly Displayed Name

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 10:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  i've never performed the google game, because i don't know why, but i just did to my name walkonby, and discovered that britney spears has a song called walk on by.  

Well, so do The Stranglers (the Bacharach song as you probably know).

You can change your "displayed" name, but not your login name, without losing your coveted low member number. Click on "my profile".

Speaking of, when I reregistered through the old forum (instead of waiting patiently for the current one to be fixed) I sort of lost my low number. I think it's still in there; I had the system e-mail my login name and password and got  two identical entries. When I login I'm number 10K something   :mad: . I tried changing my password, e-mail, displayed name (hence "notbeats") and deleting cookies but nothing allows me back to my low #. I'll PM a moderator (Kosmo?) to see if I can be helped.

PigIron

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 10:26:00 pm »
Just to be safe, can someone check to see if she has a song called "Pig Iron"?

Yank

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 03:15:00 am »
Originally posted by PigIron:
  Just to be safe, can someone check to see if she has a song called "Pig Iron"?
No, but she does have a song called I'm A Pig, But I Can Iron.  I always knew she was multi-talented.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 06:38:00 am »

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by BadSushi:
  I think I speak for many other board members when I say we'll NEVER confuse you with Britney
I don't know.   I find them equally unintelligible and living in some world of their own making....     :cool:  [/b]
aren't we all?