Author Topic: Beckham goes to Hollywood...  (Read 4177 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: Beckham goes to Hollywood...
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »
Anyone who says Beckham is overrated is merely talking out of their bottom..or just an ignorant ass.

He was a scapegoat for Englands miserable performance in the world cup, and the reason he was the scapegoat is because he played for the most hated team in England, Manchester United, although chelski seem to be taking that title from us lately..the three best players for England during that campaign were...Beckham, Hargreaves and Lennon. Even though United are still the best team in the Premiership they have not been the same since Beckham went to spain...it's what he does for the other players that makes him great, ie. putting the ball on the toe of strikers like Van Nistlerooy, that makes him one of the best players in the world, and makes other players look better than they really are, ie Van Nistlerooy...it's a team sport if you hadn't noticed.

I don't know if he can promote the game of "soccer" in the US to a level the MLS is expecting, but if nothing else he might show them how to play the bloody game, and that's a step in the right direction. It's about scoring, not preventing the other team from scoring, which seems to be the tactic stateside. I really tried to support the MLS by watching DC United, but it's just a boring game the way it's played over here.

sacriforce

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 02:04:00 pm »
Too true.

RM, as much as I love to hate the litte fuckass, Cristiano Ronaldo is quickly growing out of bitchhood and into the legend he will probably be, probably surpassing Bex as Man U's best #7. I still hope he fucks up against Arsenal in 2 sundays like he did last time they met. Pretty infuriating that bitch-in-heels Dame Ferguson left Beckham out of his top 5 world-class players list.

I think it'll prbably be another generation before  Beckham's impact - and hopefully other stars who may come over like Figo and Ronaldo - makes the game bigger than the US. That plus more young top flight americans (Dempsey) getting schooled and sharpenned up overseas. but it's a step

godsshoeshine

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »
becks was amazing with manusa, and if anything england was overly reliant on him in the world cup. dropping him from the national team was political more than performance
o/\o

sacriforce

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »
yep, and look at them now. mclaren should fire himself

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 07:33:00 pm »
probably surpassing Bex as Man U's best #7.

WHOA THERE BIG GUY.....The best #7 Man Utd ever had and will ever have is George Best.

*note* back in Besties day the number determined the position, Goalie #1, right back #2 left back #3 etc. You will see photo's of him wearing 7,11 and sometimes 10, but his favourite position was right wing (7) so that tends to be the number more assiciated with him.

Ronaldo (not the fat one) is probably the best player in the world right now. He's grown up, stopped diving at every opportunity and becoming a United type player. Now if he could just get his crossing skills half as good as Beckham he'd be fine.

Fergie is a twat, I've never really liked the man, but he is the best in the business at what he does so credit were credit is due, but to not include Becks in the top 5 list was just Fergie being the arrogant stubborn old man that he is.

sacriforce

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 01:07:00 pm »
Ok, may surpass Best as their best #7. Yep, #7 belongs to right wind and it's been so w Bckham and Cantona. Thing is Cristiano plays an excellent #7 and #11. Beckham is a decent center mid but, on the wide right, he's pure evil. that's what makes Cristiano outstanding. If he makes the effort he can cross it like Beckham with time. lately he's been doing well

What an insult and weak reasoning to boot. Hopefully they'll loan him out to a team that will beat them in The Champions League or the Copa.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 11:14:00 am »
you forgot nonfat ronaldo's fantastic cheating, smirking and winking skills
o/\o