Author Topic: Bonnaroo line-up perhaps?  (Read 2046 times)

sonickteam2

Bonnaroo line-up perhaps?
« on: January 19, 2007, 10:04:00 am »
saw this on another messageboard:

Sources close to the Manchester Times have recieved confirmation that The Police, Bob Dylan, and Pearl Jam have been confirmed to headline the 2007 Bonnaroo Music Festival. The lineup also includes Tom Waits, Willie Nelson, Umphrey's McGee, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, The Black Crowes, Ryan Adams, My Morning Jacket, Arcade Fire, Keller Williams Band, Hot Chip, America, TV on the Radio, Fountains of Wayne, Modest Mouse, Les Claypool, The Shins, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Toots and the Maytals, The Roots, The Decemberists, Of Montreal, Cat Power, Ozomatli, Perpetual Groove, Band of Horses, John Butler Trio, Nickel Creek, Medeski Martin and Wood, Lily Allen, Neko Case, Keiren Hedben (Four Tet) & Steve Reid, The Hold Steady, Earl Scuggs, Charlie Louvin, Man Man, Grizzly Bear, Konono #1, The Slip, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Uncle Earl, Annuals, Beirut, M. Ward, Cold War Kids, and Girl Talk. Superfly Productions plans to officially announce the lineup on January 31st.

yikes.

Re: Bonnaroo line-up perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:06:00 am »
That's a pretty stellar lineup.

Chulahoma

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:18:00 am »
great lineup if its true

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:19:00 am »
It's an interesting line-up but am I prefer to see my favorite bands along with certain creature comforts, like shade, climate control, etc...
T.Rex

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 10:29:00 am »
I agree with Rhett(!), that line up, if true, is spectacular. Definitely worth lack of shade and hot weather.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 10:40:00 am »
yeah, i just dont really care for the fact that its so hard to get really close to the stage for mostly any artist.  you have to really plan out it seems.  much more than Coachella and Lollapalooza anyway.  i like to roam all over stopping by here and there, and still get a good spot from time to time. Roo didnt offer that to me, the year i went.  perhaps its changed.

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 10:52:00 am »
I found at last year's roo that for the bigger acts you'd have to stake out a spot and wait around there all day to be close. For other groups playing in the tents, you should show up during the preceding artist's set or push your way to the front.

But if that line up turns out to be accurate, I'm sure it will be much harder to do even that.

grotty

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 11:25:00 am »
Too good to be true.

We need official lineups for this and Coachella...

alex

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 12:14:00 pm »
I did not want to go back again after the ridiculous heat of last year, but damned if that doesn't look good.

joz

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »
seriously? tom waits is playing a hippie festival...wtf?

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 12:44:00 pm »
i really dont think its that much of a hippie festival anymore. it may have some country/jam undertones sure, but it was much less hippified than i expected when i went and that was a few years ago when they had a much more hippie-esque lineup.

joz

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 12:52:00 pm »
yeah, it's definitely less jam band oriented than when bonnaroo began, but i'm still shocked that t.w. would play an open-air festival. maybe someone in tennessee still owes him money.

grotty

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 12:56:00 pm »
it's still just a rumoured list