Author Topic: Glastonbury tragedy  (Read 782 times)

sonickteam2

Glastonbury tragedy
« on: June 29, 2004, 12:05:00 pm »
After watching thier performance via webcast, these guys, all 25 years old, played such a phenomenal show and Bellamy said "this was the best gig of our lives, thank you" at the end, (no shit, headlining Glastonbury should be the best gig!)  This is utterly horrible and makes me feel sort of sick actually.  i think i might send him a card!

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-13142777,00.html

ROCK STAR'S FATHER DIES

The father of the drummer of Muse, a headline act at Glastonbury, has died of a suspected heart attack at the festival shortly after the performance.  

Bill Howard, father of drummer Dominic, collapsed near the main Pyramid stage in the early hours of Monday morning.

The 62-year-old, from Teignmouth in Devon, was pronounced dead soon afterwards.  

Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious and the family of the deceased are asking to be left in peace at this "dreadfully difficult" time.  

The popular Devon band were the top act on the third and final night of the three-day event.  

A statement released on behalf of the band read: "In this dreadfully difficult time, we request that the privacy of Dom's family and friends is respected.  

"Our sincere and heartfelt sympathy extends to Dominic and the Howard family."  

The band has cancelled their show in Bergamo, Italy, on Wednesday with decisions on other shows pending.