Author Topic: Rival Schools/Gorilla Bisquits/Quicksand  (Read 1163 times)

vansmack

Rival Schools/Gorilla Bisquits/Quicksand
« on: June 29, 2004, 02:14:00 pm »
My recent trip to New York uncovered this little tid bit:

Walter Shreifels (Gorilla Bisquits, Quicksand, Rival Schools) has a new project called Walking Concert and will release a new album "RUN TO BE BORN" August 24.

The new project originally included the drummer from Jets to Brazil (Chris Daly), but he's no longer a part of this project.  No word on if Jets to Brazil is getting back together.

You can hear a new track (as well as some old Walter tracks) here:

http://www.scissorkick.com/2004/06/mp3-walter-schreifels_18.html  

Their first show will be July 9th at the Bowery Ballroom in New York.  They will be opening for Juliana Hatfield.  No other tour dates planned yet.

On a sidenote, he will also be on a soon to be released tribute to the Smiths covering "Ask."
27>34

redsock

Re: Rival Schools/Gorilla Bisquits/Quicksand
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 03:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  My recent trip to New York uncovered this little tid bit:

Walter Shreifels (Gorilla Bisquits, Quicksand, Rival Schools) has a new project called Walking Concert and will release a new album "RUN TO BE BORN" August 24.

The new project originally included the drummer from Jets to Brazil (Chris Daly), but he's no longer a part of this project.  No word on if Jets to Brazil is getting back together.

You can hear a new track (as well as some old Walter tracks) here:

http://www.scissorkick.com/2004/06/mp3-walter-schreifels_18.html    

Their first show will be July 9th at the Bowery Ballroom in New York.  They will be opening for Juliana Hatfield.  No other tour dates planned yet.

On a sidenote, he will also be on a soon to be released tribute to the Smiths covering "Ask."
Ah smackie, I fear we are the lone two rival schools/quicksand fans on the board. I still need to check out the Gorilla bisquits. That's good to hear though, I still pretend that Rival Schools are still a band sometimes, just for fun.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 04:10:00 pm »
Never have heard Rival Schools or Quicksand but I used to love Gorilla Biscuits way back when...their 45 as well as the LP Start Today were great.  They were way ahead of the pack as far as the other bands in that scene back then.

thirsty moore

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 09:09:00 am »
Ah, the Gorilla Biscuits.  I had a self-titled of theirs and Start Today.  As a freshman in college I'd blast them and hop around my room.  They had a song about kids losing their minds to Donkey Kong.

Sieve-Fisted

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 10:32:00 am »
I bought Quicksandâ??s album â??Slipâ? 10 years ago and I still give it a spin now & again.  Itâ??s a great album from start to finish.

Thanks for info vansmack