Author Topic: Lala - New Shipping Policy  (Read 2155 times)

nkotb

Lala - New Shipping Policy
« on: July 07, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »
This is great news, if you care about the artwork...

Shipping Charge and Envelope Update

The price of shipping and handling is going from $.49 to $.75. Why the change?

â??la laâ?? ships you CD envelopes with pre-paid postage to make trading easy and hassle-free.  Our cost for materials and postage averages $1.00 per envelope, but we want to keep shipping charges below a dollar.  The answer is a newly designed envelope.

New Envelopes Work With and Without Cover Art

The cost of unused stamped envelopes limited our ability to economically add millions of customer.  Our solution: work directly with the Post Office to develop a unique envelope with the benefit of paid postage without the cost from unused, hand-stamped envelopes.

The new envelope will not require you to affix any postage, not even an additional $.24 when shipping with cover art.  The extra postage is included in shipping and handling.

With the old envelope, failing to affix an additional $.24 stamp when shipping cover art often resulted in delayed or undelivered CDs and economic liability for â??la laâ??.

The envelope changes will help make 'la la' even more reliable by including tracking information.

Price Plan Chosen by our Members

We provided an opportunity for our members to vote on their choice of pricing plans through an online poll.

By a narrow margin (52% to 48%), members selected the shipping & handling fee to be a flat $.75 per trade over a plan that would charge $.49 when receiving CDs without cover art and $.99 when receiving with cover art.

Still an Amazing Value and the Best Deal Online

We are still subsidizing up to $.25 per CD with the new shipping and handling charge, and compared to Amazon, our $.75 fee remains a great value. Amazon charges $2.98 for shipping per CD, thatâ??s nearly 400% more than â??la laâ??.  

For $.75, youâ??ll get postage-paid envelopes, protective CD covers, and a guarantee that CDs arrive safely.  If lost or broken, â??la laâ?? will replace the credit, no questions asked.

By keeping the price below a dollar for shipping, we lose a bit on shipping, but everyone deserves a break.  Life is expensive enough, music should not be.

Timing

New members from July 7th on will begin with the $.75 shipping and handling charge. Existing members will not be charged the new rates until August 7th 2006.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at support@lala.com and weâ??ll answer your questions as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Bill Nguyen

Founder, la la

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Lala - New Shipping Policy
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 04:16:00 pm »
yeah i was going to post this, but was waiting for  the official annoucement. i went with artwork only to see what happens, but already i'm getting the first Sloan EP "Peppermint" so obvious it's not standing in the way of getting the really good stuff.  there is also a limited beta with a buy it option which looks promising but could use some tweaking.

just crossed 300 trades and i've been very happy with my arrivals of late and am shipping out stuff that was otherwise only taking up space in my cd racks.

also my la la page is famous it appeared in a Bay Area local ABC news story and it was brought up under one of the founders accounts.  

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=business&id=4338524
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 04:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
 it appeared in a Bay Area local ABC news story
Pete Wilson really let himself go to shit
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »

also my la la page is famous it appeared in a Bay Area local ABC news story and it was brought up under one of the founders accounts.  

Hillarious.  Good for you kosmo!
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 05:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Hillarious.  Good for you kosmo! [/b]
the cute la la user was surfing my page as well  ;)
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 06:37:00 pm »
  the cute la la user was surfing my page as well   ;)  
Haha.  I'll let her know you say hi....
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 06:52:00 pm »
already did  :)
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 06:53:00 pm »
  already did   :)  
I am SOOO telling on you!
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 01:27:00 pm »
For anyone still wavering on whether or not to get involved on trading via La La, I have to say that since going with the option to only receive CDs with artwork that I haven't seen a real slow down in getting my requests fulfilled.  They may not be coming as a fast of rate as before, which is fine because I was honestly getting swamped, but the discs are definitely in better condition and in most cases they include the back tray along with  booklet.  

Recent incoming CDs included Sloan - Peppermint EP, Mark Hollis, Depeche Mode, The Godfathers, Jawbreaker...

The system works and trust me it's not that hard to send out that Paddy Casey CD gathering dust in ones collection.

And if there are any other 9:30 forumite on La La I created a 930fora tag we can use to id CDs.

Plenty o' invites to be had between NKOTB and the rest.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 03:00:00 pm »
And La La has a Buy It option thats currently being worked on with Newberry Comics!
T.Rex