Author Topic: Broken Social Scene - 5 tickets remain!  (Read 3210 times)

Vas Deferens

Broken Social Scene - 5 tickets remain!
« on: October 24, 2006, 08:55:00 am »
It looks like there are only 5 remaining tickets for the BSS show!

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=TDC&pid=5837292
(_|_)

Re: Broken Social Scene - 5 tickets remain!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 09:15:00 am »
That show is gonna suck. They always do.

xcanuck

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 10:00:00 am »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
Oh god, what have I been thinking?? Thank you SO much for showing me the way. Please - EVERYONE - take the advice of this enlightened, near God-like person and STAY AWAY from the BSS show. I mean, how can you argue with a well reasoned argument like "That show is gonna suck"?   :D

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 10:03:00 am »
How can you argue with someone who goes to the birchmere for the food...
T.Rex

distance

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 10:44:00 am »
blah. i just want to see DMST again but don't want to pay the extra money to see BSS (who i've already seen and didn't really care about).  DMST had a headlining tour all lined up but changed their plans to do this... ? bah.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 01:47:00 pm »
Yeah I've never seen DMST live and was considering this but $25 is way too steep.
احمد

kmb187

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 05:30:00 pm »
One ticket left!

Took long enough for this show to sell out.

lukiedookie89

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 07:18:00 pm »
I'd take it, but I ain't goin by myself.

distance

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 08:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Yeah I've never seen DMST live and was considering this but $25 is way too steep.
i drove all the way up to harrisburg last year to catch them and it was well worth it.

I Dare

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 11:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
DUH!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 11:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by kmb187:
  One ticket left!

not anymore... all gone

Took long enough for this show to sell out.
indeed, i thought this one would sell out in a day or two, not several weeks...

actually, would have been nice if it hadn't sold out at all.  i was at the Brand New Heavies concert last friday (excellent show, btw), and the 930 was only 80% full - it was delightful.  if you moved around you could find decent spots, there was room to dance, making to the bathroom didn't involve any impoliteness, etc... very civilized.
<sig>

kmb187

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 01:58:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  actually, would have been nice if it hadn't sold out at all.  i was at the Brand New Heavies concert last friday (excellent show, btw), and the 930 was only 80% full - it was delightful.  if you moved around you could find decent spots, there was room to dance, making to the bathroom didn't involve any impoliteness, etc... very civilized.
Well, I was hoping for this, as well, but figured there was no way BSS would NOT sell out. I thought the Baltimore show might help, but not enough to prevent it.

A lot of the shows I've seen at 9:30 have been sold-out shows (Ladytron, Jenny Lewis, Metric, etc.) and none were too painfully uncomfortable.

xcanuck

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 08:49:00 am »
I'm not surprised at all that this sold out. It's been widely reported that this will be their (BSS's) last tour for many years. The demands of the member's main projects (Apostle of Hustle, Stars, Weakerthans, Fembots, DMST, Raising the Fawn, Metric, Feist, etc etc etc) just got too hard to coordinate. Add the inevitable backlash and a rather sensitive Kevin Drew...and you get extended hiatus.

So far on the tour, the band has been limited to seven people (Kevin, Brendan, Charles, Andrew, Justin, Ohad, and Amy) though Julie Penner has played the last two shows so hopefully she'll stick around for the rest of the tour.

kmb187

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 01:28:00 pm »
I hope Julie's there, as well. The small lineup is a bit disappointing--especially without Feist--but it will be a good show, anyhow.

I'm still curious as to exactly how long this hiatus will last. Kevin's been making it clear that they will return, but the longer the break, the less likely I find it.

All in all, I'd give up my ticket if Stars would come back. (No, not really, but I'd wish they'd get back here already. And finally release Do You Trust Your Friends?)