Author Topic: Cinerama...anyone going tonight?  (Read 8018 times)

markie

Re: Cinerama...anyone going tonight?
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2003, 01:06:00 pm »
I am glad everyone enjoyed it, but I bet no one enjoyed it more than me. I still have a big fixed grin.

Mongo look out for my future recommendations....

Tyde at velvet lounge
 Fall at blackcat.

I cant recommend those as wholeheartedly as I have never seen them live. But I love their music.

walkman

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2003, 02:52:00 pm »
I agree that Cinerama were excellent...plus Markie added that certain British je ne sais quoi...

I'll just keep my opinion of Parker and Lily to meself then, eh?

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2003, 03:05:00 pm »
Three of the members of the Tyde are apparently also in Beachwood Sparks. They were playing Bumbershoot last year, but I think we opted to see Wilco, who was playing at the same time. Sort of a 60's psychedelic alt-country sound. Not really my bag, but not bad.

Originally posted by Andrew WK:
  I am glad everyone enjoyed it, but I bet no one enjoyed it more than me. I still have a big fixed grin.

Mongo look out for my future recommendations....

Tyde at velvet lounge
 Fall at blackcat.

I cant recommend those as wholeheartedly as I have never seen them live. But I love their music.

markie

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2003, 04:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkman:
  I agree that Cinerama were excellent...plus Markie added that certain British je ne sais quoi...

I'll just keep my opinion of Parker and Lily to meself then, eh?
Thanks, its getting worrying when strange people come up to me know saying you heckled such and such a band..... I think I perhaps ought to stop.......

What did you see in Parker and Lily? I am curious as to why anyone but their own parents could like them?

markie

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2003, 04:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  . Not really my bag, but not bad.

The tyde or beechwood sparks.

They dont sound similar, not even same continent....

Beechwood Sparks are pretty twangy.

The tyde are more psychadelic pop, closer to Brian Jonestown massacre than most things that come to mind.

Mongo

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2003, 04:28:00 pm »
It's funny you mention the parents.  I was having that exact same thought last night.  I was imagining one of the girls sitting at the household piano in front of the christmas tree playing their songs to her family.  "Look Grandma, this is the kind of stuff we play for people at our rock and roll concerts."

markie

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2003, 04:31:00 pm »
do you think their family would just go downstairs and play pinball? Thats what I did. I was on fire, I got three replays.....

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2003, 05:57:00 pm »
Terrific show! Cinerama exceeded my expectations -and they were pretty high. I especially liked the new song called Perfect Blue. Markie, is that on the new album or on a future album? A good sized crowd as well. Gedge seemed happy.

markie

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2003, 08:22:00 pm »
As far as I remember there were three new songs last night:

Edinburgh
 Perfect Blue
 Dont touch that dial

The first two are definately new, the third I have never heard before, so I think it is new.....

David Gedge intimated that they had another 3 songs ready to go.....So six in total, and that hopefully they would form part of a new album and another tour next year.

I'll be there.