Author Topic: Phaser to re-release Skydive EP  (Read 2590 times)

Mongo

Phaser to re-release Skydive EP
« on: June 24, 2003, 03:35:00 pm »
Most of you may not care but I know there are a few phaser fans on the board.  My brother actually had a chance to speak to one of the two brothers (well, the one with the short hair) after their show in Orlando on Sunday and apparently they are going to be re-releasing the Skydive EP with their new record label.  He also mentioned that they are re-recording Last Letter Home which I beleive is the song they closed out with.  Just a bit of news about the new favorite local band!

Jaguär

Re: Phaser to re-release Skydive EP
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 03:43:00 pm »
Mongo, you just made my day!!! And the day of a lot of my friends in the UK.   :D    :D    :D  

Please thank your brother for us.

Mongo

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 03:49:00 pm »
I figured you would be happy about it.  I have been looking around for a copy but they are impossible to find.  I hope they get around to recording some new stuff, maybe in a studio this time rather than a house.  I think they did a great job with Sway now that I know they did all of the recording in a house and some of the vocals in their bathroom.  Can't wait to see what they do next.

Jaguär

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 04:08:00 pm »
I would really like to hear them extend the ending a bit of Last Letter Home and really rip on the guitars.

You know, it hit me the other day that I actually love the Skydive EP even more than Sway. It just resonates with me so well. Mongo, if you haven't heard it yet, you'll love it when you finally get to hear it. I can always do a burn for you to hold you over if you want. A friend of mine in London found a copy out of sheer dumb luck. Of course, it was the last copy!   :roll:

Mongo

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 04:15:00 pm »
Pretty please!!!!!!!!  Maybe we can meet up at a show sometime.  I'll probabaly be at Cinerama tonight but i doubt that will give you time to burn it anyway.  Ar you coming to DC for any shows soon?

walkman

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 04:19:00 pm »
Ah that's great news!  I was praying that Last Letter Home would be rerecorded.  I think the song has matured some since the EP version, and I agree that the guitars really need to rip.

Jaguär

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 04:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mongo:
  Pretty please!!!!!!!!  Maybe we can meet up at a show sometime.  I'll probabaly be at Cinerama tonight but i doubt that will give you time to burn it anyway.  Ar you coming to DC for any shows soon?
No, I won't be out tonight anyway. Probably my next jaunt to DC will be for the Placebo show. Will you be at that show?

Mongo

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 04:44:00 pm »
Unfortunately not, I will be at *cough* Nissan Pav. for Pearl Jam with my brother and sis in law.  It should be interesting seeing that I haven't listened to them in years, but I am actually looking forward to hearing them live.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 05:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mongo:
  Unfortunately not, I will be at *cough* Nissan Pav. for Pearl Jam with my brother and sis in law.  It should be interesting seeing that I haven't listened to them in years, but I am actually looking forward to hearing them live.
Nothing wrong with going to the Pearl Jam show. If I wasn't going to the Placebo show, I would be at PJ. I may even go up Philly to see em.