Author Topic: Coachella Lineup  (Read 33667 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Coachella Lineup
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2004, 07:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Isn't Dick Assman Canadian?
i thought you were Dick Assman?

my bad, hehe.

ggw

« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2004, 07:19:00 pm »
hee hee

myuman

« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2004, 08:48:00 pm »
I'm not really sure if the lot of you have a clue as to what a "redneck" really is.  Since the definition is an "eye of the beholder" thing, let me explain some traits I look for.  I grew up in a "redneck" area.  Lots of pick up trucks.  Country music is/was king.  Localism is a religion.  Bar fights are part of the evening out while only having a choice of Genny or Bud on tap.  There were housing areas 10 miles down a deadend road that I would just as soon walk through South East DC than pay a visit without a gun.  Missing teeth,  Flourescent (sp) Orange is fashionable and greasy ball caps with a large number three on it while chomping on Mail Pouch is hip.  Need I say, sigur ros will not take the place of Monday night raw anytime soon.

mankie

« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2004, 10:57:00 am »
Originally posted by myuman:
  I'm not really sure if the lot of you have a clue as to what a "redneck" really is.  Since the definition is an "eye of the beholder" thing, let me explain some traits I look for.  I grew up in a "redneck" area.  Lots of pick up trucks.  Country music is/was king.  Localism is a religion.  Bar fights are part of the evening out while only having a choice of Genny or Bud on tap.  There were housing areas 10 miles down a deadend road that I would just as soon walk through South East DC than pay a visit without a gun.  Missing teeth,  Flourescent (sp) Orange is fashionable and greasy ball caps with a large number three on it while chomping on Mail Pouch is hip.  Need I say, sigur ros will not take the place of Monday night raw anytime soon.
Aren't you forgetting the US flag hooked on one window of the truck and a Dale Earnhardt flag on the other? Don't forget the bitch and the dog in the back of the truck. What about the sticker in the back window of the boy pissing on either a Ford or Chevy sign? And why does he never piss on a Dodge sign?

Or am I mistaken?

Random Citizen

« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2004, 11:08:00 am »
Bringing this back on topic...

The full line-up will be announced on Monday, Feb. 9.

« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2004, 11:10:00 am »
Duh, he already mentioned the number 3 ballcaps.

I'll be wearing my number 3 t-shirt, or maybe my Bobby Labonte t-shirt Saturday night for the Budweiser Shootout. Woohoo!

QUOTE]Aren't you forgetting the US flag hooked on one window of the truck and a Dale Earnhardt flag on the other?

Or am I mistaken? [/QB][/QUOTE]

mankie

« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2004, 11:16:00 am »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  Duh, he already mentioned the number 3 ballcaps.

Double Duh.....I didn't realize it was one or the other, flag or cap. I have seen many with both, and multiple flags actually.

Okay, back to topic...sorry

sonickteam2

« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2004, 11:21:00 am »
yes, back to topic

Pretty Girls Make Graves were just added.

loopzlp

« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2004, 11:23:00 am »
[/QB][/QUOTE]
 think about it this way, very rural places have more narrowminded views sometimes, and how much do you think American tourism boosts the Saskatchewan economy! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Actually, American tourism boosts Saskatchewan economy quite a lot -- SK has a lot of Outdoor camps that hunters/fishermen pay a lot of money for (fly in camps, etc)...Alberta has a bit more of a kindred spirit with the states bc it mimics the States in many respects and it was founded by many Americans who were disappointed by what the States were doing...

bearman🐻

« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2004, 09:31:00 am »
Tears of joy...I just booked my tickets through the WASTE site and had no problems doing it. This is simply unreal. I'm going to Coachella. I cannot believe this one...I was talking last night with Bob Mould and he agreed this is really one for the books. Got the plane ticket, hotel, now I just have to wait for the tickets! I cannot believe how it easy it was...I'm pinching myself.

distance

« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2004, 09:42:00 am »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Tears of joy...I just booked my tickets through the WASTE site and had no problems doing it. This is simply unreal. I'm going to Coachella. I cannot believe this one...I was talking last night with Bob Mould and he agreed this is really one for the books. Got the plane ticket, hotel, now I just have to wait for the tickets! I cannot believe how it easy it was...I'm pinching myself.
i've found it really easy to get tickets through waste every time.
 i got my coachella tickets this morning too.
 i was able to get pit tickets for toronto, atlanta, camden, etc. for the summer tour as well via waste with no problem.  the only show i didn't get pit for was merriweather... and it wouldn't have mattered because i still would have missed half the show because of the fucking traffic.

myuman

« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2004, 11:03:00 am »
The lineup is up today.... slight surprise.  The airline and hotel is already booked, but I'm not going to soak there for two days, so I'm picking Sunday.  I've seen Radiohead mulitple times and twice since the last album, so I'm opting for the Cure, Flaming lips, B & S, Air, BRMC, Broken Social Scene, Mogwai, Stellastarr, etc.  I'm hoping it is much less crowded, because I'm looking for a relaxing weekend.  I'm hoping to hit Death Cab and the Pixies somewhere on the east coast before then.  But man, is that Sat. lineup strong... but I can't have everything.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2004, 11:16:00 am »
I just got my tickets through w.a.s.t.e. Yippee!

grotty

« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2004, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  I just got my tickets through w.a.s.t.e. Yippee!
Me too!  :D    :D  

I thought I missed the presale while I was away...but w.a.s.t.e. hooked me up. Very cool.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2022, 06:22:46 pm »
(click to enlarge)

(edit: woops, old news... lineup was released in mid-january)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 06:24:30 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>