Author Topic: Why my life in 1 bedroom NWDC apt is more meaningful th  (Read 20302 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Why my life in 1 bedroom NWDC apt is more meaningful th
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2005, 03:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  Northern Virginia

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by Bags:
 [qb]
  plus when all those people cant afford thier houses in DC....where do you think they'll be coming..... [/b]
[/b]
not everybody is content with the suburbs.

but sure, some will take it up the ass and move to suburbia.

brennser

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2005, 03:29:00 pm »
I do, though, still believe DC was undervalued for a good decade or so, and see some of this as a normal course correction.
I agree

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2005, 03:44:00 pm »
Somehow I think more city lovers end up "settling" for a cheaper place in the burbs than moving all the way up to Baltimore. I don't think that would somehow change.

Northern Virginia

Originally posted by Bags:
 [qb]
  plus when all those people cant afford thier houses in DC....where do you think they'll be coming..... [/b]
[/b]
not everybody is content with the suburbs.

but sure, some will take it up the ass and move to suburbia. [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2005, 04:29:00 pm »
  Somehow I think more city lovers end up "settling" for a cheaper place in the burbs than moving all the way up to Baltimore. I don't think that would somehow change.
maybe more on perecentage, but MANY DC residents are moving to Baltimore as we speak.

my GF's mom and friend at work are both real estate agents and are constantly dealing with DC residents looking at Baltimore housing.

Celeste

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2005, 04:32:00 pm »
if any "bubble" is to burst, my predicition is just that values will stop rising so rapidly and level off...I seriously doubt prices will do DOWN, and buyers would lose money on their real estate investments in this area...unless there was some catastrophic terrorist act or something...in which case, falling real estate prices would be a secondary concern

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2005, 04:33:00 pm »
If we weren't planning on having a child, we certainly would have given it some thought.

maybe more on perecentage, but MANY DC residents are moving to Baltimore as we speak.

my GF's mom and friend at work are both real estate agents and are constantly dealing with DC residents looking at Baltimore housing. [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2005, 04:36:00 pm »
  If we weren't planning on having a child, we certainly would have given it some thought.

hahah, you mean Thurgood Marshall Elementary School isnt where you want your child to go!  ;)

ggw

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2005, 04:39:00 pm »
There is good reason to believe that to be true (i.e., debt levels are so high that the Fed won't let long-term rates go too high, for fear of inducing a debt crisis), however, home prices have fallen dramatically in this area before (after the 1989 peak), so real estate deflation is a definite possibility.

Originally posted by Celeste:
  if any "bubble" is to burst, my predicition is just that values will stop rising so rapidly and level off...I seriously doubt prices will do DOWN, and buyers would lose money on their real estate investments in this area...unless there was some catastrophic terrorist act or something...in which case, falling real estate prices would be a secondary concern

ggw

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2005, 04:41:00 pm »

hahah, you mean Thurgood Marshall Elementary School isnt where you want your child to go!   ;)  [/b]
Depending on where in Springfield Mr. and Mrs. Nakatestes live, Charlie Jr. may end up attending Robert E. Lee High School.

sonickteam2

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2005, 04:43:00 pm »
i think if you are a "real estate investor" it is certainly possible for you to be screwed.  but if you are talking about buying one house, i dont think so.  unless you are one of those who can't afford to pay a rate increase, even if the prices go down, you can either sell and get out without too much loss, or just stay there and wait it out. i dont see people jumping out thier Georgetown windows!!

« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
No, but Rhett Jr. or Celeste Jr. may play them in baseball or cross country...

Or maybe he/she will get the basketball genes from Celeste's uncle, who played basketball at Depaul for Ray Meyer.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

hahah, you mean Thurgood Marshall Elementary School isnt where you want your child to go!     ;)    [/b]
Depending on where in Springfield Mr. and Mrs. Nakatestes live, Charlie Jr. may end up attending Robert E. Lee High School. [/b]

Celeste

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2005, 05:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Depending on where in Springfield Mr. and Mrs. Nakatestes live, Charlie Jr. may end up attending Robert E. Lee High School.
though that would please my dad greatly, I'm afraid that won't happen, based on our address