Author Topic: Shearwater last night  (Read 1331 times)

Vas Deferens

Shearwater last night
« on: July 11, 2006, 09:41:00 am »
Did anyone else go?? Man, they were amazing!
(_|_)

amnesiac

Re: Shearwater last night
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 12:03:00 pm »
Man, I was really looking forward to this one, but wasn't able to make it last night. Was Will Sheff with them? And how was Court & Spark?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by amnesiac:
  Man, I was really looking forward to this one, but wasn't able to make it last night. Was Will Sheff with them? And how was Court & Spark?
Will was not with them. C&S played last so I don't know. I'm not too into them so I left after SW.

But yo, Jonathan has such an amazing voice!
(_|_)

snailhook

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 01:47:00 pm »
i was there, as i was the one that booked the show and therefore had to manage it.

shearwater were pretty damn good. that last song was as close to a richard thompson dirge as i have anybody heard anybody approach. dude can wail, that's for sure. i liked thor on percussion, too.

the court & spark were very good, too. this was their first time in dc since 2000. great dual guitar interplay, and the drummer is a monster of understated, subtle percussion. definitely a band of record nerds who have great taste. at times, they reminded me of a rougher, countrier clientele.

mjnova

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 09:10:00 pm »
They were fantastic, the new album is really top notch, almost as good as the last Okkervil River, and as the set was mostly drawn from that stuff, I was a very happy camper.