Author Topic: Coldplay on TV  (Read 4563 times)

vansmack

Coldplay on TV
« on: January 24, 2003, 06:33:00 pm »
Hey, <P>If you're not all out getting abortions this weekend, Coldplay will be on the first episode of the Jimmy Kimmel show on after the Super Bowl and Alias (Sydney Bristow - yummmmyyyy!!!!).<P>That's about 11:30-11:45.<P>And Jimmy Kimmell rocks.  Read this interview with one of my favorite sports writers, the Sports guy:<BR> <A HREF="http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/030124.html" TARGET=_blank>Inside the Talk Show Studio[/url] <P>Enjoy<BR><p>[This message has been edited by vansmack (edited 01-24-2003).]
27>34

eros

Re: Coldplay on TV
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 10:33:00 pm »
Great news, except that channel 7 in DC won't be carrying the Jimmy Kimmel show (just like before when they didn't show Politically Incorrect).<P>I have already voiced my displeasure with them - I encourage everyone else to do the same.
ʎɐʍou

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 04:06:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eros:<BR><B>Great news, except that channel 7 in DC won't be carrying the Jimmy Kimmel show (just like before when they didn't show Politically Incorrect).<P>I have already voiced my displeasure with them - I encourage everyone else to do the same.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>God f#$%&^ng dammit!!!!!<P>I love Jimmy Kimmel - a true comedic genius and he has assembled an amazing staff of writers - some of favorite comedy writers.<P>Thi is a travesty.<P>Do send them your opinion:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.wjla.com/contact.hrb" TARGET=_blank>http://www.wjla.com/contact.hrb[/url] <P>Or call<P>703-236-9552 (good luck with their phone maze)<P>Is this true in Baltimore too?<P>
27>34

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2003, 06:09:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vansmack:<BR><B> <BR>Is this true in Baltimore too?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Nope. It will be shown tonight at approx. 11:50pm on WMAR Channel 2 <P>

eros

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2003, 08:42:00 am »
Some reading on the subject...<BR> <A HREF="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40820-2003Jan24.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40820-2003Jan24.html[/url] <P>Funny how all the cities not showing it are real forward-thinking places like Birmingham, Charleston, Roanoke, Little Rock, Tulsa, etc...
ʎɐʍou

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2003, 10:11:00 am »
Sorry, don't think I'm part of the target market. I won't be calling.<P><BR>"Jimmy appeals powerfully to the kind of people advertisers want to reach -- young, college-age kids who haven't made a decision about which razor blades to buy. I expect it to be a big hit."

Jaguär

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2003, 12:51:00 pm »
A lot of it sounds like gimmicky total waste of time crap that certainly won't attract me. It's all about the music for me whether or not I'll tune in for any particular show. Now, if he surprises me and puts on a good show, maybe I'll watch more.

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2003, 01:08:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>Sorry, don't think I'm part of the target market. I won't be calling.<P><BR>"Jimmy appeals powerfully to the kind of people advertisers want to reach -- young, college-age kids who haven't made a decision about which razor blades to buy. I expect it to be a big hit."</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's very open of you Rhett....practice what you preach, mate, or get one of Ben Steins jokes.<P>Anyhow, the show has been described as either the best show on television or the worst show on television depnding on how open you are.<P>I, for one, would just like the option of deciding for myself.  Thanks WJLA.  I'm missing at least the week where Snoop Dog is the Co-host?!?!?!?  That's crap.<P><BR>
27>34

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2003, 01:13:00 pm »
I really don't know much about this Jimmy Kimmel feller, but I've seen enough of Snoopy to last me a lifetime.<P>   Cheese can be cool if it's done right. For example, I heard that one of the  skits on this show had two straight guys playing a game to see how close they could get their tongues without kissing. Now was the show mocking the dumb jock homophobia that the skit probably would cause, or was it playing along with the homophobia? If the former, then maybe the show has some intellect mixed with schesse. If the latter, what's the point?<p>[This message has been edited by Rhett Miller (edited 01-30-2003).]

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2003, 01:30:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>   <BR>   Cheese can be cool if it's done right. For example, I heard that one of the  skits on this show had two straight guys playing a game to see how close they could get their tongues without kissing. Now was the show mocking the dumb jock homophobia that the skit probably would cause, or was it playing along with the homophobia? If the former, then maybe the show has some intellect mixed with schesse. If the latter, what's the point?<P>[This message has been edited by Rhett Miller (edited 01-30-2003).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I wouldn't know because ABC won't let me watch it.  That's all I was saying and why I called WJLA to voice my opinion.  <BR>
27>34

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2003, 01:35:00 pm »
Have they made a statment as to why they are not carrying it?

ggw

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2003, 02:05:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>maybe the show has some intellect mixed with schesse.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What exactly is schesse?