Author Topic: QOTSA eggroll  (Read 5871 times)

tenfifteen

Re: QOTSA eggroll
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 02:07:00 am »
Tickets to a QOTSA show... $25...
 Parking at the show... $10
 Throwing objects on stage... $0...

Getting punked by Josh Homme in front of 1,300 people? PRICELESS.

Concur. Great show. Also... Throw Rag... wow. I dug 'em. Reminded me of a Rev show, but with less talent, less clothing, and ALL the rock. Fun live act--anyone heard any studio stuff?

Finally, can we get a ruling on the pronunciation of "Homme?" Kept hearing some girl yelling out to "Hah-mee."

Random Citizen

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 02:23:00 am »
Originally posted by tenfifteen:
  Tickets to a QOTSA show... $25...
 Parking at the show... $10
 Throwing objects on stage... $0...

Getting punked by Josh Homme in front of 1,300 people? PRICELESS.

Concur. Great show. Also... Throw Rag... wow. I dug 'em. Reminded me of a Rev show, but with less talent, less clothing, and ALL the rock. Fun live act--anyone heard any studio stuff?

Finally, can we get a ruling on the pronunciation of "Homme?" Kept hearing some girl yelling out to "Hah-mee."
LOL!! I was standing next to a girl who kept yelling HOMIE! It's homme, as in the French word for "man." I was seriously hoping Josh would leap off the stage and deck the person who threw the bottle. Unbelievable.

Great show all around...those guys in Throw Rag, hol-eeeee shit!!

dtqjr

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 02:28:00 am »
So was it a bottle?  I saw a stuffed duck on stage and someone else said it was a tshirt.  His diatribe against the guy was a bit excessive but if it was a bottle then it was justified.  A tshirt or stuffed animal, then he has anger issues.

No Dave Grohl sightings but Nick was on the right balcony.

Random Citizen

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 02:43:00 am »
And Brody was on the other balcony. I was on the balcony in the corner and saw two things fly at Josh. I couldn't tell what the first object was, thought it was a wad of paper. The second one definitely looked like a water bottle.

I didn't think Josh's remarks were excessive at all. After the first object was thrown, he flipped the bird, then a minute later the bottle goes flying through the air...hell, I'd be pissed, too.

Manzelle

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 03:47:00 am »
I dug the show, I just wish they didn't gank my camera...they allowed a dude to record the entire set but I can't snap a few pictures because my camera is considered "professional"?  Weak.

tenfifteen

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 08:58:00 am »
Originally posted by Manzelle:
  I dug the show, I just wish they didn't gank my camera...they allowed a dude to record the entire set but I can't snap a few pictures because my camera is considered "professional"?  Weak.
I asked the question yesterday afternoon. Had to bring my old G2 instead of the 20D, but no matter... I got some great shots. I guess that one is a little odd. Doesn't seem likely that I'd make money off of images of QOTSA, but who knows how these guys' management agencies think.

eltee

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  those guys in Throw Rag, hol-eeeee shit!!
Cra-zy fun.  You don't see an almost naked guy playing a washboard everyday. Although funny, a "scary" scene from Pulp Fiction came to mind one time.

Random Citizen

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2005, 01:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Winter Pays For Summer:
 Cra-zy fun.  You don't see an almost naked guy playing a washboard everyday. Although funny, a "scary" scene from Pulp Fiction came to mind one time. [/QB]
Hehe, yeah, that dude does look as if he should be living in a basement.

Dandy01

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »
I'd like to get a version of that Go with the Flow!  ;)

distance

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2005, 02:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dandy01:
  I'd like to get a version of that Go with the Flow!   ;)  
http://home.comcast.net/~distancexx/gwtf.mp3

ask and ye shall receive.

bearman🐻

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 02:49:00 pm »
WHat a fucking insane show. I have never laughed so hard at a concert as I did at Throw Rag, I was front and center and got sweat on and saw the lead singer's cock...I tried to look away, but when the dude is 4 feet away, it's a little hard to ignore. Yuck. I thought they rocked the house though. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Grotesque, comical, and inexplicably brilliant.

QOTSA's set was great, a few glaring omissions like "In the Fade", "Better Living Through Chemistry", and "Feel Good Hit of the Summer", but it was fun to hear stuff like "Avon" and "You Would Know". The versions of "No One Knows" and "I Think I Lost My Headache" were just amazing. And of course "Regular John" was great too. The new version of "God Is In The Radio" was neat too.

The first thing that got thrown at Josh was a wad of paper of some sort...the second was some kind of stuffed animal. Josh was fucking PISSED...the glare that he gave showed that he is not one to be fucked with. I met him earlier in the day and he is a bit intimidating. Pleasant and polite, but he is a tall mofo and would definitely be capable of putting you in the hospital. The venom really fueled that last part of the show though.

My overall thought is that Josh kicked Nick out of the band because he wants to move the band foward into a realm that I think would make them more serious...perhaps more "professional". The musicianship this time around was quite impressive, the Queens are definitely moving foward in what Josh wants them to be. Having Nick around is probably like having your goofy younger brother playing pranks and getting loaded. After a while it's just embarassing, especially when you want to be more artistic and serious in your presentation. But sadly, Nick added that punk rock element to the band that made them more fun. Josh is absolutely brilliant, but he is always better with the cast of sidekicks. Nick (in my opinion) was the secret element to the Queens that pushed them over the edge into white light/white heat. All that being said, it was still an amazing concert. Troy is one hell of a musician and Joey Castillo can pound the skins. All in all, a great time.

Random Citizen

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 03:14:00 pm »
I think that dick-jiggle dance the two guys from Throw Rag did is permanently burned into my brain.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2005, 03:28:00 pm »
Once I saw that one guy's ass, I had to leave the room.   :eek:

Dandy01

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2005, 05:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by distance:

Originally posted by Dandy01:
  I'd like to get a version of that Go with the Flow!    ;)  
http://home.comcast.net/~distancexx/gwtf.mp3

ask and ye shall receive. [/b]
Thanks!!

bearman🐻

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2005, 11:24:00 pm »
Yeah, Throw Rag was really quite disturbing...but I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time either!