Author Topic: Jack Black's producing now?  (Read 2062 times)

Random Citizen

Jack Black's producing now?
« on: September 27, 2004, 03:38:00 pm »
;)

Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
 This has got winner written all over it. It's this years comeback album, and it has got all the ingredients: an indie producer with serious cred (Jack Black), an artist with a checkered and storied career (Lynn), no real singles to hook the casual fans and did we mention, Jack Black? This is the test to see if everything this guy touches turns to gold or if this was too much of a stretch. Critics seem to love it -- not this one -- but have the hipsters caught on? Still, Loretta is a favorite
 Odds: 3-1

redsock

Re: Jack Black's producing now?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 04:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
   ;)  

Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
 This has got winner written all over it. It's this years comeback album, and it has got all the ingredients: an indie producer with serious cred (Jack Black), an artist with a checkered and storied career (Lynn), no real singles to hook the casual fans and did we mention, Jack Black? This is the test to see if everything this guy touches turns to gold or if this was too much of a stretch. Critics seem to love it -- not this one -- but have the hipsters caught on? Still, Loretta is a favorite
 Odds: 3-1
[/b]
Aww man.... alright I'm a little embarassed. I swear I have some sort of adult onset dislexia or something. Couldn't you have just e-mailed me....man....at least I know someone reads these things... :-(

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 04:14:00 pm »
dyslexia

Random Citizen

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 04:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  Aww man.... alright I'm a little embarassed. I swear I have some sort of adult onset dislexia or something. Couldn't you have just e-mailed me....man....at least I know someone reads these things... :-(
It's no big deal. I edit for a living, so I pick up on stuff like that.   :D   Just go back and change it, that's all.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 04:21:00 pm »
Will someone take my $10 bet on Nellie McKay at 50-1?

redsock

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 04:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  dyslexia
Oh how I hate you some days....talk about kicking a man while he's down.

Oh, another helpful reader e-mailed me the Walkie talkie, talkie walkie switch....

We actually have a copy editor, who fell asleep in her bed before i finished. Your options are limited at 2 in the morning.

ggw

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 04:28:00 pm »
Did anyone point out that there are reviews of Kylie Minogue and Alanis Morissette on your site?

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 04:31:00 pm »
Yes, but no alt-country. So they do have some standards.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Did anyone point out that there are reviews of Kylie Minogue and Alanis Morissette on your site?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 04:38:00 pm »
no Romantics review either   :p
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 04:46:00 pm »
Why don't you write some?

[/b]

redsock

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  no Romantics review either    :p  
You can blame Markie and his relentless desire to claim, yet never follow through, on writing reviews again. If you want the Cd back, go to him. He won't mail it back to me.

redsock

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 04:48:00 pm »

[/b]
I have more alt-country CDs floating around my apt. than anything else. A lot of folks send us that stuff, especially Yep Roc. We're getting there. You might not like the ratings we give, but there will be plenty of al-country reviews. I promise, just for you.

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 04:57:00 pm »
Hey, I realize there is as much bad alt-country as there is good alt-country, just like any other genre. Some of the stuff on Yep Roc is great stuff; some of it is pretty lame.

Originally posted by redsock:

[/b]
I have more alt-country CDs floating around my apt. than anything else. A lot of folks send us that stuff, especially Yep Roc. We're getting there. You might not like the ratings we give, but there will be plenty of al-country reviews. I promise, just for you. [/b]